Can't Save Workspace

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
forerunner

Hey Guys!

First off, I am brand spankin' new to QLC+ and I'm blown away at how detailed and fully featured this program is! Major Props to the insane amount of coding you've put into this!

I looked through the forums and didn't see any related posts, so forgive me if i overlooked one.

I am just now diving into DMX so in no way am I experienced or knowledgeable in the field. However, this is my experience so far.

I own 2 Swarm 5fx by Chauvet, which you conveniently have listed in the fixtures (Thank you!).

I went in and custom designed a few scenes to single out the functions (Strobes, Slow White LEDs for slow dancing, etc, etc.) Had everything just perfect and coming together and then it randomly crashed out on me (I have no idea why, or how, but that's a different thread all together.)

After the devastating crash, I realized how stupid I was to not be saving my progress as I went along. So starting again, I made my first scene and went to save it, only to be denied right out the gate with the error alert.

Here is the order of operation:

1. Click the "Save As" Icon
2. Attempt to name it "Lights"
3. Hit save
4. Error message "Unable to Open file for Reading or Writing."

Is there a specific format I am supposed to adhere to, am I missing a simple answer or is this something more? (I will attach a screen shot)

Computer Specs:

QLC+ 4.10.3

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
OS X Yosemite 10.10.2
2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Thank you so much for your help!

citymariner

.qxw is the file type - it may be worth adding that to the end of your filename.

It maybe be worth a clean install to eliminate the possibility that crash was due to a corrupt install of some sort.
forerunner

Welp, I was about to put on a fresh install when I noticed I never dragged it over to the applications folder. I did that, and sure enough the save feature started working.

But then it crashed out on me, and now its instant crash when I open the program.

I tried removing all traces of the program and start fresh, but now every time, it crashes upon boot up, even with the new install...

I'm wondering if there are remnants I'm missing in my hard drive that is freaking it out.

Any ideas?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*EDIT

Crisis averted!

I rebooted the Mac and all seems to be playing nice, she's saving, booting, and working great so far!
forerunner

Never mind, It's crashing once again upon start up ):
mcallegari

Care to share the workspace that make it crash ?
Which adapters/controllers do you have connected ?
Have you tried to remove also the configuration file ? (see 1 here http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/parameterstuning.html)
forerunner

When you say share my workspace, to which are you referring to? I am brand new to QLC and am unfamiliar with the tech jargon.

I am using the DMXKING micro I think is what they call it.

My Mac specs are listed above.

I haven't gone in and edited any of the file work, are you suggesting I remove that file?

Thanks for your support!
yokosuna

workspace or workfile: the file with ".qxw" as the extension. It is a xml file and you´l find
it either in the qlc directory or in your user directory... (speaking for windows).
Just use the "attachment" button right under the editor of this forum...

HTH