QLC + unexpectedly shutting down

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
englpa

Hi is it possible the selfmade fixture was the problem?
When i test it without my 2R beam and the bee eye fixture i think it works
Can you chek my fixtures?
I have it in a last post.
Thanks
djkevino

I get the following error in the log when i try to delete fixtures. This error i can reproduce reliably:

Code: Select all

void IOPluginCache::load(const QDir &) "libolaio.dylib" doesn't contain an I/O plugin: "Cannot load library /Applications/QLC+.app/Contents/PlugIns/libolaio.dylib: (dlopen(/Applications/QLC+.app/Contents/PlugIns/libolaio.dylib, 5): Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libolaserver.0.dylib\n  Referenced from: /Applications/QLC+.app/Contents/PlugIns/libolaio.dylib\n  Reason: image not found)"
DecoderMAD: cannot initialize. Source file doesn't exist.
virtual void ArtNetPlugin::setParameter(quint32, quint32, QLCIOPlugin::Capability, QString, QVariant) "UniverseChannels" is not a valid ArtNet output parameter
Segmentation fault: 11
This was using OSX El Capitan (up-to-date).
rayrodwell512

I am using QLC with a Velleman K8062 DMX interface. QLC seems to operate normally if I select an output other than the Velleman for which I have loaded the Velleman plug in. However, if I select the Velleman as an output and go to either the Simple Desk or Virtual console QLC encounters a problem as soon as I move a slider and closes. This is the same on PC running Windows XP or one running Win 10. The fault report reads as follows:
Faulting application name: qlcplus.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56e0abd1
Faulting module name: velleman.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56e0ac48
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00009a3e
Faulting process id: 0x570
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1d1534b5e9ff0
Faulting application path: C:\QLC+\qlcplus.exe
Faulting module path: C:\QLC+\Plugins\velleman.dll

The velleman plug in was loaded from the link in the QLC help pages.

Has anyone had the same problem? I am also seeking help from the Velleman forum.
onno

Yes, I have exactly the same issue
rayrodwell512

There is a long discussion of this problem at Velleman K8062 Upgrade - wiki.openlighting.org. Also if you search on the QLC+ forum for Velleman K8062 you will find a number of posts, some of which conclude that the K8062 cannot be made to operate satisfactorily with QLC+ because of problems with the software and hardware of the K8062. I have now given up on this device and propose to use an Enttec interface which a colleague tells me functions OK with QLC+. I can't find evidence of problems with it on this forum.
mdmayfield

Hello everyone,

I'm also experiencing random crashes on Mac OS X. The issue does not seem to be reproducible at will, but here are all the factors I can think of that may be relevant:

- Issue occurs in QLC+ 4.10.3a on OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
- Issue also occurs on QLC+ 4.10.4 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
- (Of course other combinations may crash, but these are the ones I've seen so far)
- Issue occurs whether or not there is a USB DMX interface present
- Issue occurs with or without custom fixtures loaded
- Issue has occurred with very simple projects (test with one fixture and a few scenes) and with larger complex projects (100+ scenes for a show)
- Issue has not occurred so far when opening QLC and going directly to Live mode, triggered from a sequencer via MIDI
- Issue has almost always occurred while editing in the Scene or Chase editors, and has occurred in the Show Editor
- Issue usually does not occur when most editing is done in the Sequence Editor
- Generally the issue is a segmentation fault, for example:

Code: Select all

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00007fc800002330
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY
- Stack trace shows that the thread which crashed has a lot of Qt references (QtWidgets, QtCore, etc.):
- Occasionally, the application hangs ("beach ball") instead of crashes, and must be force-quit. It's not clear if this is related to the crashes or not. This hang has occasionally happened while in Live mode after editing, but has not happened when only running Virtual Console without having edited functions previously.

For the time being, I will probably do my editing in a VM under Linux and export the .qxw to my host machine to run the shows, since it has so far not crashed in any sessions where I have not done any editing.

To the developers - if it will help, please message me and I will send all the crash and hang logs that I have (I would prefer not to post them in public).

Thank you very much for all your time and effort in creating and maintaining QLC+.

Matt
hplighting

I think I have a similar issue within Windows as well - I've made a post specific to my problem