BCF2000 and LC2412 not working Was: Beyond profiles...

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
elcy

I have tried everything (I think) to connect both lc2412 and bfc2000 .(http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/tutorial-bcf-lc2412.html)
It's impossible .I can recognize lc2412 or bfc2000 but impossible to have both at the same time ..

a solution ?

Thanks for your answers
janosvitok

I have moved your question to separate topic.

Please let us know what did you do and how did it fail. Exact steps, spell everything out, we don't want to guess anything.
- Operating system
- QLC+ version
- attach your QXW file and any custom QXF files so that we can open the QXW file
- describe how did you connect the devices (MIDI from LC2412 to BCF2000, USB from BCF to computer?)
- what mode is BCF in?
- what did you do in QLC+ for setup and what doesn't work?
elcy

Thanks for your answer :

operating system : windows 10 64 bit
QLC : v4.11.1
BCF 2000 in mode U-2 (I have tried all with ...)
I have connected Bcf2000 in USB in computer and LC2412 from midi out to midi in in BCF 2000
I have used the setup BFC2000 in profile (ok with BFC ) and If I use LC2412 profile it'ok FOR lc2412 but not for BCF.
(I can't have both )
this is the qxw file I have used (but I have tried with some other files with other qxf files, with less and more fixtures, with the same setup)

I just can't have both BCF 2000 and LC2412 at the same time .

Thanks for your answer
Attachments
Presta geste 7-02-2018 Servo Beam + atomic Poitiers.qxw
(83.03 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
janosvitok

Ok,

I see that you have all things in one QLC+ universe.

You should have 2 MIDI IN ports from BCF, one for BCF itself, and another for LC2412. If you don't have the second one, try to install the MIDI driver from
http://www.musictri.be/Categories/Behri ... /downloads
Without those two MIDI ports you have to create a merged profile for the two devices.
You should have 1 BCF MIDI OUT port.

When you fix that, the rest is pretty simple. Just connect Universe 1 to your DMX output so you can leave your fixtures patched as they are.
Then, patch BCF2000 MIDI IN 1 to Universe 2 Input, and patch Universe 2 Feedback to BCF MIDI OUT (it will control the motors and LEDs in BCF).
Finally, patch BCF2000 MIDI IN 2 to Universe 3 Input -- input from LC2412 will go there.

Give sensible names to the Universes.

Assign BCF2000 input profile to Universe 2, and LC2412 profile to Universe 3.

Now you can start adding external control to your Virtual console widgets.

Note: You can have as many QLC+ universes as needed (use the + button to add more), so it's better to keep each universe for one single function,
and not mix DMX output and external control (MIDI Feedback will clash with DMX output for example).

Let us know if that worked or if you have more questions!

Jano
elcy

Thanks a lot Jano ! all is well with your good topic . :) Have a nice day !
janosvitok

Great!

Just curious: what was the problem?
elcy

Exactly the problem ! and it's allright to use both (bcf2000+ lc2412) in sweetlight too ! thanks again :)
elcy

Hi Jano , you may have be another answer for my problem.all was allrigt with bfc 2000 and lc2412, but I just was looking in the editing profile of Bfc and a bug crash the program..It's impossible now to have the remote with my bfc ..only the first slider and the first knob are ok but impossible with the other ..midi yoke recognize all the Bfc and other programs too.But impossible with QLC+..except first slider and first knob..(? )..may be an answer from somebody ..probably the default mapping of BFC2000 Profile ? But I don't have it
Thanks
siegmund

In the preferences of the MIDI-plugin (in/out tab), set the MIDI channel to 1-16.
elcy

Ok It was juste a problem , because of a bad mapping of my bcf2000..if anyone have the problem , this is the link in a cloud of mine to perform a factory reset of a bcf2000 :
https://mega.nz/#!wZgA2CwI!LxPtKZjQnDFx ... uX4KPUSl58
with bc-manager :
https://mega.nz/#!pQoWQarD!dSUZaqGs-4oz ... A1ppMIlJco

This file was hard to find , so it can be usefull for everyone .