Income Opportunity

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
EBDS

Hi QCL+ family. I apologize in advance for putting a non-issue thread in the issues section of the forum. However, I could not figure out where the appropriate place for it was and I wanted the most number of people to see this thread as possible.

I have been a QLC+ user for a number of years now. However, my programming skills with it and my available time are limited.

The other day I watched a video about the DMX software MyDMX 3.0. In this video, the guy who did the video had a really cool configuration of lighting options for a particular set of fixtures.

So there's the deal: I am a working DJ and I am in the process of thinking through an upgrade of my lighting. In addition to a few fixtures that I already own and want to continue to use, I am thinking about putting together the same configuration of fixtures seen on the video and setting up QLC+ to do the same things, arranged on the screen at least similarly, as in the video.

OK, so here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD7i3P9UIAA

The lighting is 4 ADJ Dotz Par's (I would actually use Dotz Par 100's), an ADJ Warlock, and two Chauvet Intimidator 355Z IRC moving heads. I like the Intimidator 375Z IRC fixtures but they are just getting too expensive. As it is I will have to sell quite a lot of the lighting I already own to subsidize getting all of this new lighting.

What I want to do is contract someone to program QLC+ to come as close as possible to the show in MyDMX 3.0 that's in the video.

I don't have a budget. That's does not mean I have unlimited funds. But it does mean that I don't really know what a fair price would be since I don't really understand the level of programming that would be necessary. I feel confident and QLC+ can do everything I see done in MyDMX 3.0 but I sure as heck don't know how.

So if you consider yourself an ace QLC+ programmer and believe, after watching the whole video, that you can recreate the control show in QLC+, then feel free to contact me and discuss it. I can be reached by email at rob@eastbaydigitalsound.com or by phone at +1 925-586-8571.

Please don't bother quoting me a price for this work if you are not really qualified to do a top notch job of the programming. I am willing to pay for high end professional show programming but I will expect the results that are contracted for. I understand you won't have the lights in your studio to test with and I don't expect that the first time I am given something to try out it will be perfect. I am not on any business timeline for this. I haven't even purchased the fixtures yet.

FYI, this is what I work with now (2 4BAR TRI's, 2 Storm FX RGB's, 2 Ninja 5RX's, 2 Inno Spot Pro's, an Ultrabar 12, and a Kvant ClubmaX 1800 laser). I plan to continue to use the laser since it's amazing. But all the rest of the fixtures may or may not be used anymore. When I watched the above video I didn't know if I would really need more than that.

So watch the video, think about it, and consider whether you could match that MyDMX 3.0 show using QLC+.

I won't lie, I have tried to contact the author of that show to see if he would sell me his configuration. I figured if he would I would just switch software to MyDMX 3.0. But he hasn't responded to me and I am guessing it's because he has no intention of taking all the work he did putting that show together and provide it for me, even for a fair price.

Rob
EBDS

Wow, I thought for sure some sharp programmer would jump out for the opportunity to program lighting for money. If there something unreasonable or not clear in my request or does just nobody want to do it?
GGGss

Creating from scratch I estimate the workload up to 6h in alfa, 2-3h in beta, 2h to final.
Creating a show without the lights is a shot in the dark and setting up a visualiser means another 2-3h of work.
In the first weeks to come I don't have any time to spare...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mcallegari

Hi Robert, I think nobody stepped up yet cause your request is nearly impossible from a YouTube video alone.

The youtuber doesn't show anything about DMX values and if one doesn't have the real hardware in house, it's impossible to guess speeds, degrees, etc.

I think the only solution would be if you prepare the setup, point a camera to it and expose it in your PC. Open a Teamviewer session so someone can remotely program the effects seeing what they actually do on the lights.
EBDS

Thanks for the replies:

1. I have all of the DMX maps for the fixtures. I would never expect anyone to program lighting without the detailed fixture DMX map :-).

2. I have ordered all of the lights. I do not intend to use any of them until all of the new programming is completed. Therefore, I am not on any particular timeline. I would have no problem setting them up in my garage (which I will be doing anyway) and working directly, real time, with someone on the programming.

3. I recently retired from my main career job so I am pretty much available most of the time. So if someone wanted to work with me like that and was in some other time zone, that would not be a problem. Unless I am out doing an event with my entertainment company, I can be available any time of the day. I am an early bird and a night owl LOL.

Rob
yokosuna

Rob, just to be curious: have you been successful ? If so - would you like to share it to the community ?
Tx, Yoko