Fixture Monitor not working

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
Ariajazz

Hi to all.
I can't make the Fixture Monitor to work, nothing is displayed, only the white dots that represent the fixtures. The issue is a complex one. I can see scenes, chasers, etc in easy View 3D but not RGB Matrix effects, so I tried the Fixture Monitor to check and discovered that does not work. I've read manuals, watched some tutorials and checked settings for fixtures and overall software and it is simply not working. I do not know what am I doing wrong. Help needed. Thank in advance.
janosvitok

Please attach your workspace (.qxw) and any custom fixtures (.qxf), and tell us your QLC+ version.
Ariajazz

Here is the workspace: TRIOREMA 1

And the custom fixture: SIM PAR LED 12

QLC+ v4.10.5b
Attachments
SIM PAR LED 12.qxf
(1.92 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
TRIOREMA 1.qxw
(44.72 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
janosvitok

Hi,

1. the fixture definition is a wrong one. I had to fix it to match the name in the workspace.
2. I haven't seen any problem except the sequence is empty

Open the workspace, start fixture monitor, go to simple desk, pull dimmer channel and e.g. red and blue to 100% and go see the monitor.
the circle should be violet. If you pull the strobe channel, the circle will start blinking (the speed is fixed, it is not related to actual strobe speed).
W channel is not supported in fixture monitor.

When editing RGB matrices etc. you need to press "preview" button ("play" triangle)

Can you post step-by-step process how to reproduce your problem, and please also mention expected output?
Ariajazz

Hi.

Sorry, you`re right. The following attached is the right fixture definition used in workspace. In this fixture definition you will find that channel 6 is set to shutter (strobe) and it is working fine, and channel 7 is set to (speed) this is due to the in built special effects of the fixture that cannot be reproduced by Magic 3D Easy View so I had to create a simulated (SIM) definition for the fixture in order to be able to see the strobe effect properly in Magic 3D. I'm using 12 fixtures in this setup and cannot have the real thing armed all the time, that's why Magig 3D is so useful to me. Can you work from that?

I'm followig your directions but I don't get any color change in fixture monitor. That's the problem, I created the RGB Matrix, saved it as a sequence and tried to see it in fixture monitor but I don't get any result, not even working trying to see scenes, chasers, collections, suquences.... nothing.

Thank you very much for your help
Attachments
CHINO-SIM-PAR.qxf
(2.03 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
janosvitok

First try simple desk. If that works, you are on the good way :) Don't forget to reset the simple desk afterwards (push the X button)
If you want to see RGB matrix, you need:
- in program mode (when the last button in top toolbar is green triangle): push play button to see preview
- in design mode (when the button is red square): run the rgbmatrix through a button/animation widget, etc.

Note that you need to raise dimmer channel if you want to see any color. Either create slider for all dimmer channels, or check "Dimmer control" in RGB Matrix editor.
mcallegari

janosvitok wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:30 am - in program mode (when the last button in top toolbar is green triangle): push play button to see preview
- in design mode (when the button is red square): run the rgbmatrix through a button/animation widget, etc.
The other way around:
- in program mode -> in design mode
- in design mode -> in operate mode
Ariajazz

Hi. Thanks for replying.

No way, I tried all your indications and all the possible combinations... simply fixture monitos does not work. Simple desk doesn't show any color for a single fixture, the weird thing is that Magic 3D does, movements in simple desk, scenes, chasers, collections, etc, but not the RGB Matrix.
janosvitok

Change group byte in your fixture definition from LSB to MSB. Alternatively edit the .qxf fle in a text editor and replace every <Group Byte="1"> with <Group Byte="0">. That should fix your problem.

If that doesn't help, please post your exact qxw and qxf files, and tell us step by step exactly what do you do (e.g 1. open the file xxx.qxw 2. go to Functions tab 3. select XXX RGB Matrix. 4. click play 5. open fixture monitor, 6. fixture monitor shows empty circles; or ...2. go to VC 3. press XXX button 5...) The idea is that Fixture monitor does work for what I try, so you must be doing something special. I don't have a glass ball to see what are you doing, so you must tell me in as much detail as possible so I can try the same. I don't have time to guess or try every possible combination. I do it in my free time, so please help me help you.

Jano
Ariajazz

Hi Janos.

Changing group byte in fixture definition from LSB to MSB worked and solved all the issue. In text editor everything was already set to <Group Byte="0"> so no need to make changes.

Now everything is running fine. RGB Matxir can be seen in both Fixture Monitor and Magic 3D Easy View. Thank you so much for taking yur time with my issue, you are great. Thanks again.
janosvitok

Great! I'm glad we've found the problem :)