Random crashes on Windows and macOS - hopefully solved - please help testing

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
hplighting

Hi Massimo,
I've had this happen on a previous workspace where I had my MIDI controller mapped to a button in QLC that triggered a flash on all my Parcans so I'd maybe say 30 channels triggered at once? Hopefully one of the other guys can give you some more info!
mcallegari wrote:Can someone experiencing crashes please share a simple workspace that I can test on Windows/macOS to reproduce and fix ?

I get you are having issues with VC sliders controlled via MIDI, but I don't get what those sliders are doing. Are they controlling 100 channels ? A Function ? Submaster ?
Please help me to help you.
mgweber

hplighting wrote:Sounds like we're all using MIDI controllers - hope this gets fixed !
Ummm, Not I. My crash happens without any MIDI at all. Rock solid on Windows w/o Entec Mk2. Random crash on windows when connected to Mk2. Solid on Linux either way. This is why the show computer now dual boots into Mint.
PiotrNowik

Here is my workspace. MIDI console is mainly used to control dimmer channels, buttons - to control scenes buttons.
You probably need to change some fixture definitions, I use often definitions created/modified by myself.

/edit 20170317 - added fixture definitions
Attachments
Showtec-Compact-Par-18-Tri-MKII.qxf
(6.88 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
Martin-CX-4.qxf
(5.29 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
PianoBar ActivShow.qxw
(190.13 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Last edited by PiotrNowik on Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
---
Generic USB-DMX box(es)
Korg nanoKONTROL2
Windows 10
siegmund

Please share your custom fixtures required for the workspace, too.
lucas

I also experienced issues with crashing QLC+, in a show. Because of not having so much trust in QLC+ since it crashed in a show, I currently drive the following setup at a time:

Machine 1: Windows XP, Intel Core Duo, 2GB RAM, QLC+ 4.10.5b, Korg nanoKontrol 2, Enttec OpenDMX USB, ASIX Ethernet adapter for ArtNet, ELO touchscreen over serial connector, Behringer audio interface.
Machine 2: Windows 10 Pro x64, 4GB RAM, Core i5 (Dualcore), QLC+ 4.10.5b, Enttec OpenDMX USB, ASIX Ethernet adapter for ArtNet, integrated touchscreen, integrated audio.

Today, I tried to connect the Korg nanoKontrol to my second machine and also experienced a crash.

When crashing, QLC+ freezes and does nothing for a few seconds, followed by the windows "not responding" dialog. On Windows XP, the event monitor shows an error in qlcplusengine.dll, without further information. On Windows 10 it is just freezing. The workspace file is absolutly identical, without the Korg it does not crash as far as I researched.

The Korg is only used for clicking "next" in a cue list and starting audio samples using the faders.
mcallegari

lucas wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:35 pm I also experienced issues with crashing QLC+, in a show. Because of not having so much trust in QLC+ since it crashed in a show, I currently drive the following setup at a time:
This thread is related to not-yet released versions where the issue is supposed to be fixed. See the first post.
You mentioned 4.10.5b, so I think your report is irrelevant for this discussion.
carldickson

Hi, I was trying out the raspberry PI and getting crashes when exiting operate mode so tryed out a PC and got the same thing.
So far the test release hasnt crashed, would this fix also apply to the pi version?
If so is there a test version?

Thanks
mcallegari

carldickson wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:59 am Hi, I was trying out the raspberry PI and getting crashes when exiting operate mode so tryed out a PC and got the same thing.
So far the test release hasnt crashed, would this fix also apply to the pi version?
Yes: it will be applied to the RPi version too.
No: there are no test versions for the RPi. Only official releases.
carldickson

mcallegari wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:17 am
carldickson wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:59 am Hi, I was trying out the raspberry PI and getting crashes when exiting operate mode so tryed out a PC and got the same thing.
Yes: it will be applied to the RPi version too.
No: there are no test versions for the RPi. Only official releases.
Do you know when that will be?