Inconsistent highlight/selection painting/display

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
andrewh

Hi,

I am using QLC+ 4.10.4 on Windows 10 and I am finding the multiselect highlight feature a bit inconsistent.

The problem seems to happen throughout the software, but is most noticeable when trying to add fixtures to a new scene. Sometimes on the 'Select fixture' dialog the selected fixtures show with white text over a blue background, which is correct for my Windows theme. However at other times the highlight is only a very narrow dotted outline and no colour change at all. When this happens the fixtures that are selected are very difficult to identify, because the dotted outline is very light.

In this 'Select fixtures' dialog it doesn't seem to matter if you click-drag with the mouse or Ctrl+click with the mouse, the problem still manifests itself the same. The way items are multi-selected seems to be unconnected with the problem appearing as far as I can tell.

As I say, this happens inconsistently and throughout the application. I have been unable to identify what causes the failure and thus how to return to the correct behaviour if it stops following the normal Windows theme. Normally when it is 'broken' it seems to stay this way until the software is closed and reopened.

I would say that this might be a problem with the user interface controls you build the software with rather than a bug in QLC+ itself, but I can't be sure of that. I am reporting it in the knowledge that you may not be able to fix it, but in the hope that you can. It's really offputting for the novice operators I have running the show if something is inconsistent, even though this is a relatively minor issue with an otherwise great piece of software.

I should say that I am running the standard colour scheme for Windows 10 and that the machine was upgraded from Windows 8.1 and is the UK English version. I am pretty sure I had the same problem with Windows 8.1 and with older versions of the software, but I can't be sure. If I did have it before then it certainly seems worse now, in 4.10.4+Win 10.

Thanks for your time,

Andrew
andrewh

One further note, which is about highlighting of the current cue/step in the cuelist widget on the Virtual console. This control shows the same failure in the highlighting, which means that when this happens the current cue is virtually impossible to see. Only by working from the orange 'next step' marker can you discern what the current cue is, which is very troubling for a novice operator!

I'd like to see the current cue highlighted with a separate colour to strengthen the operator's confidence in where they are, but that's a feature request of course, not an issue!