2d Fixture Monitor issue

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
backwash

Hello!

I'm new to QLC+ and have been having a fun time working out scenes and such. I was watching the video on creating matrices (Matrix) and something isn't working when I create one. I created a layout using 2 pars on top, two Chauvet Tri Bar 4's one on each side, and 2 Chauvet 6 Spot 's on the bottom. When I choose a simple pattern of a single light working its way around the fixtures in a circle, I see a preview for only the Pars and the Tri Bar's. The 6 spots dont show any lights scrolling across the 12 heads ( 6 heads per fixture ). The Tri bars have 4 heads each and do show a preview.

Is the fixture definition for the 6 spots within QLC correct? Is there a setting I need to do to the fixture file to make these previews show in the Fixture Monitor 2d view?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
janosvitok

Can you post qxw file and QLC+ version?
janosvitok

The fixture definition lacks color values. I've fixed it in the git version. You can download it from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mcall ... 6-Spot.qxf
backwash

I've downloaded your fixed 6 Spot definition file and though it now sees the colors it still does not react to animation within a Matrix as seen on the Fixture Monitor in 2D as the Tri Bar 4 fixtures do. Just a note, unfortunately I have not and will not have the opportunity to test this with the lights until I'm at the show so I'm hoping to use the Fixture Monitor for a "real" preview to avoid on the spot reprogramming since I'm just learning the program and am new to the DMX life..LOL :D

Attached is the file I'm working on

Thanks so much for your help!
Attachments
Show Lights Virtual Counsle With RGB Matrix TEST.qxw
(39.3 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
backwash

.....My QLC+ version is 4.10.4
janosvitok

I found the problem. Fixed colors are not supported (yet?) in RGB Matrix. Only RGB/CMY/Dimmer.

You can either create a Sequence, or a set of Scenes and put them in a Chaser.
backwash

OK.... Well, I think I'll just keep the Matrix as is for now and see what it looks like when I run it in reality and wait for fixed colors to be supported. In the meantime I may just program an Auto program to the 6 Spot's that have some movement the speed of the animation in the matrix. Not sure.

Thank You very much for the help!!
janosvitok

I've just fixed another problem with the definition: only one value instead of a range was used for each color, and white totally doesn't match the manual (value of 187 and manual states 220-225).
That made problem is 2D monitor when I played with sliders in Simple Desk.

Get a fresh one from github.

Jano
backwash

Can you post another link to the new file?
janosvitok

It's the same link :) The link points to the newest version of the file.

To be sure: the old file has same min and max for various capabilities; the new version covers the whole 0-255 range.

BTW: I've found another problem with strobing, so it will not work in 2D view now for this fixture.
backwash

Thanks Jano!

I have another question if you don't mind. I created a chaser that replicates the effect I was trying to use the matrix for. My goal is to make a button that puts the two pars (in the back) on a solid color while the Tri Bars and the 6 Spots do their "around the horn" animation but cant figure out how to do it. I thought their might be a way to combine my chaser with a scene of just the pars on and assign that to a button but I don't know if that function is available or if it is how to do it. Is this something you can help with?

Thanks again for ALL your help!!

Tim
janosvitok

backwash

GOT IT!!

Well it sure does help to read doesn't it..LOL!

Thank you again!