[OSX] Problem with crashing

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
Gametris

Greetings, I'm having trouble with QLC+ crashing on my iMac. I've purged the system of QLC+ and reinstalled but it crashes intermittently without any settings adjustments or fixture setups. I've attached the error log.
Error.txt
(69.66 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
mcallegari

Can you please try with the TEST version here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3135

From the log you provided (thanks) it appears to be happening in the DMX USB plugin.
benobo

Hi there!

I also have a problem with crashing, I have had twice the problem described above and also every hour or so a problem related to "pointer being freed was not allocated"
qlc error pointer.txt
(69.78 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
I'll download the beta as above and test.

Thanks,
Ben
Gametris

Unfortunately, I am still crashing using the TEST version linked above. Attached is the related log file. I want to note that I am so very appreciative of any help provided on this.
Attachments
TEST version error log.txt
(68.56 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
benobo

Hi there,

My two issues, the one described in the first post, and related to the log I posted *appear* to have been resolved in the test version. At least I've been using QLC for 5 hours since changing version, and they left it on overnight - it's remained stable throughout.

I'll let you know if anything changes.

Many thanks!
mcallegari

From the log provided, the crash is happening in the DMX USB plugin.
@gametris: Next time, please indicate that you have a USB adapter enabled and running. Which adapter by the way ?
I'd also appreciate if you can report the OSX version you're using. I found it in the log, but it's alwayds better to have complete issue reports in this forum.

Anyway, I tried to reproduce the issue with a simple test program and it doesn't crash for me. I'm using OSX 10.11.6.
I cannot investigate this any further unless more information is provided.