Enttec USB Pro / Latest QLC+: Disconnecting randomly

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
mitscherdinger

Hi there!

A week ago I had a job using QLC+ and I experienced a disconnection of my Enttec USB Pro from QLC+ about once a (working) day.
I'm using a Thinkpad T410 with a 64bit Debian Testing and QLC 4.10.4, qt5-Version.

Actually, it's quite difficult to recognise, that the device has disconnected: It keeps blinking and in QLC the checkbox, where you choose your in- and output-device is still enabled. I've read in the manual of the Enttec, that it keeps the last scene if a disconnection happens. So, if you're switching to another point of your event-list it just won't work. All is frozen, until you dis- and reconnect your device with the checkbox, again - which could be too late. This is really a show-stopper for me, as I can't trust my setup, any longer, as long as this keeps on happening.

I have experienced the same issue on a 32-bit netbook in november, last year. So, if this is not a hardware failure, QLC+-versions since 4.10.1 or so are affected. I can't remember having that problems with QLC+ 4.9-series.

Tried to force a disconnection by moving the cable and the USB-plugs and knocking on the Enttec, but I haven't had success with that method. I also forced the OS with "powertop" to deactivate any power-management on the device, but it happened anyway.

Could it be, that my Enttec is defective? Or can someone confirm such behaviour?

Would be glad to hear from people using QLC with linux and Enttec-devices...

Greets!
Mitsch

[Edit 27.07.: Typo]
mitscherdinger

Hello, people!

It's just as simple as that:

I'm using Linux + Enttec USB Pro + QLC+ and
[ ] I'm suffering from the same symptons.
[ ] I really don't know what you're talking about. Everything works perfectly!

Greets!
Mitsch
sbenejam

I'm using Xubuntu 16.04 64-bit and QLC+ 4.10.4. On Monday during a concert of classical music I had not suffered any disconnection between my laptop and my Enttec USB Pro controlling a 6 channels DMX dimmers pack. All work as expected. Can you attach any system logs of your computer when this occurs?.
mitscherdinger wrote:Hello, people!

It's just as simple as that:

I'm using Linux + Enttec USB Pro + QLC+ and
[ ] I'm suffering from the same symptons.
[X ] I really don't know what you're talking about. Everything works perfectly!

Greets!
Mitsch
mitscherdinger

Thanks for the reply.

The logs are indeed a good point.
I'll try "udevadm monitor" and … mhh … How do you tail -f with systemd, again?

Greets!
Mitsch
mitscherdinger

mitscherdinger wrote:How do you tail -f with systemd, again?
journalctl -f