QLC+ freezes when Surface keyboard disconnected

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
JJJollyjim

Hello!

I've run into an issue where whenever I disconnect the sort-of-built-in keyboard (Microsoft Type Cover 4) from the computer that is running QLC+ 4.10.4 (Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4), the app freezes.

The computer is set not to enter Tablet Mode automatically (it prompts first); the crash happens as soon as the keyboard is disconnected (so entering Tablet Mode is apparently not the issue).

Please let me know how I can help diagnose this. I should be able to compile a debug build if need be. Thanks!

P.S: we just used QLC+ for a show for the first time and it was an incredible experience. Thanks so much for creating this great tool.
mtughan

I have experienced this issue as well on my Surface Pro 3. I also just encountered it on another non-Surface laptop when I unplugged an external keyboard to shake it out, so I believe it's relating to disconnecting USB keyboards vs. the Surface keyboard specifically (although it's more likely to happen with a Surface machine given the usability advantages you gain when using QLC+ when removing the cover). This also happens to me with 4.10.4, although I think it only happens with specific show files for some reason. It could also be when I'm patched to my Enttec DMX USB Pro Mk2, which is common to both setups. I'll do some A/B testing tonight to see if I can't help narrow down the circumstances that cause this.

I don't have the capability to build debug images in Windows, but I can provide any other kind of information you'd like. Both machines run Windows 10. I can also attempt this with OS X or Linux machines if you would like. Attached is the show file I used along with the external definition file it uses.
Attachments
American-DJ-Starburst.qxf
(4.27 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
SOTI Christmas.qxw
(88.55 KiB) Downloaded 66 times