EasyView 3D on Mac OSX

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
Mihai Andrei

I saw long ago that someone asked how to use the Nicolaudie Easy View 3D, that can be used via ArtNet on Windows but...
well who uses windows is lucky cause it's all there. Just select ArtNet input on Easy View and ArtNet output in QLC+ on the network adapter if you are connected to a network or 127.0.0.1 if you are offline.
I instead use Mac OSX using Windows with the Parallels emulator and Easy View 3D but it is a little bit too heavy for the system.
Then I tried Easy View 3D with the Wine software and it works perfectly ! It doesn't offer advanced rendering modes but it works.
I have built an ArtNet node with Arduino and from QLC+ I send ArtNet packets in broadcast and so I have both 3D and the actual fixtures working.
For those who have the usb dongle becomes a problem .. but if you still prepared a scene is not bad ...
For those with an iPad tablet (like me) you can install DUET so as to extend the screen and see the 3D tablet and qlc on your computer without external monitors which always serves the power grid

video screen captured
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6e5LmxUn_U
Last edited by Mihai Andrei on Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcallegari

Mihai, I told you before, can you please re-read what you write ?
I get that you write in italian and then use Google translator, but even the italian words are wrong: vizlizzatore, usicita, cmq...WTF ??

I get that you want to help other users with this post, but how can native and non-native english speakers understand what you write ?
Please, don't make me review each one of your posts. I don't really have time to do that.
Thanks.
Mihai Andrei

I corrected
Excuse me, hurry ..
mcallegari

Thanks.
I took the liberty to adjust a few things. Now it looks like something other users might find useful.

I noticed though that the most important part of the post (the Arduino ArtNet node) doesn't have any reference. Care to share a few links of where you started from to build it, so maybe other users can build their own node too ?
Also a picture might be nice
Mihai Andrei

you're right, I forgot
link 1: http://playground.arduino.cc/Learning/DMX
link 2: https://vvvv.org/contribution/artnet-arduino-set-v3.1-0

then my Arduino that all use with great success:

Last month I found a metal case and moved them, and put him on an Arduino Mega for a possible upgrade with 2 universes

the yellow LED has been implemented by me in the sketch that turns me on when I receive the ArtNet data ..
mcallegari

Very interesting, thanks !