DMX controller as MIDI input

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
remu

Hi everybody.

Few weeks ago i discovered QLC+, i was searching something easier to control in realtime than mydmx 2.0 that I used before.
I bought a kmtronic usb-dmx interface and now I use it with QLC+ and Lixada wireless dmx to control both led lights and dimmer for halogen lights for small theatre performances.
Now I have my old Starway Zuni 24ch DMX consolle unused.
My question is...is it possible and how I can use my old DMX interface as input command console for QLC+? I have to use the MIDI commands? Or I have to use DMX commands converted in some way? I have to buy an interface?

Thanks alot!

Daniele
siegmund

Hey,

you'll either need a USB-DMX (or better said DMX-USB) or MIDI-USB (assuming that your DMX console has a MIDI out) interface. Maybe your kmtronic is able to convert DMX signals to USB, but I don't know.

Regards,
siegmund
remu

Thank you siegmund.
I use kmtronic interface to send dmx signal from pc(usb) to lights.
The zuni console can send both dmx or midi command but I'm not able to understand how many midi commands can control.
But if you say me that I can use dmx commands to control qlc+ than I think it can be the solution. But I need to run a script to do this? Or is enought to have a dmx->usb interface?
siegmund

remu wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:06 am But I need to run a script to do this? Or is enought to have a dmx->usb interface?
You should just need a DMX->USB interface which is supported by QLC+.
GGGss

Then, use this DMX interface as an input. Whatever you do on your wing will be reflected in QLC+. Then you could manipulate using the 'triggers' from your wing to start stuff in QLC+.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
remu

I'have rode that dmx and rs485 standard are similar so I want to ask you if the following item can be used to read dmx signal as an input for qlc to control the virtual consolle.
Following the link
http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayIS ... 7000&ver=0

Thanks alot

Daniele
GGGss

No. Period.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
dj fonic

Hi.. My project is controlling Qlc from a standard dmx desk. How you do it is simple. You must buy a dmx interface that has input and output. I use a dmxking 4 universe artnet interface. The interface conects to the PC with a network cable (or via a router). The lights are connected to the dmx outputs and the desk is connected via standard xlr plug to the input on the interface. In qlc inputs/outputs, you then write a profile for your desk. For example my desk has 48 dmx channels so the profile has 48 channels. Then in Qlc you setup your interface which universe's are outputs and which is the input & add the profile you wrote in the input universe. Qlc in the virtual console you can assign any of the desk channels to control widgets of many types. See a widgets settings and assign a Chanel from your profile to control it. I am using version 4.10.3a in this version cuelists can be step controled with a dmx desk slider. One dmx Chanel slider can control up to 51 cues with precision although I find 15 or 17 work better. One of the training videos shows how to set a cuelist in step mode, I think it is the one about creating positions? Hope this is some help.