Visualisation with Blender

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
Chris De Rock

Just to test if this is possible i have created this little funpiece. The zip contains one file for http://blender.org (a free 3d creation suite) and one workspace for QLC+. Just open the Blendfile first and start the game player, then open QLC+ with the workspace and set the output to artnet on 127.0.0.1
Attachments
licht.zip
(108.17 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
mcallegari

Ouch !
I started the game engine and Blender (2.78c) froze. I had to force kill it. :sob:
Chris De Rock

i run the file on my mac pro 5.1 (4 cores, 8g ram) without any problems
o0i0o

Hi there .... this is very interesting...
I get the same problem ... Blender is crashing
i have blender v.2.79 running on Kubuntu
sbenejam

Same result on Ubuntu 18.04 with Blender 2.79. Blender stops responding just after Start Game.
mcallegari

Guys, please, this is not a Blender forum.
Do you still need Blender (which is definitely not made for real time lighting simulation) when there is QLC+ 5 with 3D preview ? Or did I do it for nothing ?
bcrotaz

Yes, you do need Blender - it's mahousively more advanced than QLC+ 5 can ever be with just 2 people working on it. Embrace and extend. And QLC 5 was last heard of a year ago. In the mean time, until QLC 5 overtakes Blender, use Blender!

Here's a new Blender addon that I'm using with QLC 4
[https://github.com/BryanCrotaz/blender-artnet] - let's extend it to do all the amazing things that led strips, pixel engines, LED screens etc can do - Blender can already render it in real time, we just need to model it

Demo of real time rendering in Blender 2.8