Lights and audio-Outside event-My frist DMX

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
vector

Hi all,
Having worked a bit in theatre mostly set design and builder I know what pars are and DMX but never actually been on the desk end. A few months back I was asked to manage a Scare park(Halloween) themed event in a local park. The list of equipment, people, sets and props is growing :)
Simple concept, people "victims" :) walk around the park and come across various "zones" where actors and props do their thing.

I have props "ghosts etc" that require illumination and triggering, mostly done with PIR sensors. I have simulated lightning and thunder in sync around the park along with ambient/mood lighting and sound.
While I am an electronics tech I started the project using cheap wireless RF remotes. Mains power is only in one zone, I have generator power in 4 zones and the rest is standalone battery. A 16chn unit RF remote allowed me to trigger props in the trees etc and I did build a lightning flicker circuit that used the left channel to trigger lightning and the right channel had the thunder audio. I created this track in Audacity.

However this setup was a little limited and as you can imagine the closer we got to Hday the more the budget freed up and the more the event organisers allowed the purse strings to loosen. Because this is going to be epic!!

So, sorry for the long message but now they are looking at hiring heaps of DMX lights and I am looking at controlling them. I am past my obey 40 like party console and looking at various software, like qlc+ solutions..but the time now is at a premium, so I am fast tracking as much as I can.

I look forward to help(anyone in melb doing nothing on Oct 30th want to lend me a hand?) ;)
At the top of my list is getting QLC or MagicQ(the other software put forward) to run mood lighting and then at random moments mix in the lightning effect and send the thunder audio to the main audio mixer.

stay tuned.