Fixture definition converter

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
floEdelmann

Note: The project is now deprecated. Please refer to the successor project, the Open Fixture Library!

Original post below

Hey you all :)

I'm new to QLC+ and these forums because I worked with the e:cue Lighting Application Suite before.
But now I wanted to try something different (and hopefully more powerful and modern) and decided to start with QLC+ as it works on Linux, too, and is open source.

Unfortunately, none of the fixtures I had defined for e:cue were included in QLC+ by default. It has a great fixture editor, but anyway, I created a little script that is able to import my e:cue file and export .qxf files:

See project on GitHub

It would be great if you could check it out! Maybe you even want to add some fixtures to the JSON format or implement an importer / exporter for a new format.

Thank you very much!
Have a look at the Open Fixture Library! It's a project to collect fixture definitions in a unified format and make them downloadable for different lighting programs, including QLC+ 4 and QLC+ 5.