OSC support for Behringer X-Air mixers Redux

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
gmint

There had previously been a fairly active thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8983

regarding OSC and the Behringer X-Air series of mixers. Some progress was made in getting this implemented but I personally didn't do a whole lot more with it because the hack that I had implemented was working fairly well. Unfortunately, I recently upgraded the machine that this was running on to OS X 10.11 and it broke my system of sending commands to the X-Air. As I've documented here, I'm still not entirely sure why it's broken (although I suspect it has something to do with changes to the permission system in OS X):

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10174

Since I still haven't been able to solve the issue set out in that thread, I'm taking an opportunity to once again look at a way to natively do this in QLC+. Based on the information @macallegari provided in the first thread above I was able to get the X-Air up and running in QLC+ Unfortunately, the problem is that my use case requires very specific control of the X-Air (basically I want QLC+ to act as an idiot-proof interface to the X-Air). While I'm able to control the faders from QLC+ I would like to find a way to limit the range of the faders in the same way that can be done with DMX. Better yet, I'd really like to be able to toggle the mute buttons which requires an integer data type which QLC+ isn't currently supporting (to my understanding).

In any case, I'm hoping that we can get this discussion up and running here again!
andres robles

I understand that you want to use to control qlc xair of bheringuer ... x18? Well, in principle xair they have fairly complete application for linux, mac and pc, and very full ... in qlc you can add buttons and faders in vc and assign specific functions, mapping them on almost any thing connectable to a PC .... .. but ... difficult to see qlc xair can recognize the device as Artnet ..... and if I did ..... as xair understands the language dmx? ie channel 1 50% means DMX mute? .... Also, how you would handle the eq or compressor, noise gate, fx ... of xair? Backwards Mum also serves the xair has no physical buttons or faders to control qlc .... I do concerts with groups that use a x18 air for sound and lights qlcplus for art-net flask for lights, the same PC controls everything, lights and sound with wifi, for the application of Beringher x18 linux is used, and a knob to control qlc playstation ..... not quite understand you want to do between qlc and xair
gmint

@Andres

All of that has been covered in great depth in one of the previous threads I've posted above.
andres robles

ok, sorry I can not help, do not know how we could control a xair with qlc
gmint

andres robles wrote:ok, sorry I can not help, do not know how we could control a xair with qlc
That too is also detailed in the threads above. It does work, I'm just asking for a few extensions of the way it works.