Hi! It is my first post here and I really want to thank you guys for creating this fantastic software!
I am drummer in melodic death metal band Across the Shade from Poland (https://www.facebook.com/AcrossTheShadepl/
). Thanks to QLC our shows gain new visual dimension
My setup in few words:
- PC laptop with QLC
- 3 led lights: 2 moving heads (Mini wash 7x12w from Aliexpress) 1 RGB led light,
- all connected with USB-DMX controller (cost about few $$ on Ebay)
- in Show Editor I have two tacks: one is a song with click and second is chaser with multiply scenes that fit different parts of song,
- in VC i create buttons linked to the different shows - this way i can start each song individually.
In this setup it works fantastic!
I play few shows already and I have these suggestions:
1. BPM in Show Editor instead of time- this will be huuuge improvement! I am playing with metronome in my ear so everything is synchronized. Sometimes before the show, we want to change something in the middle of the song but I am not able to change light scenes correctly! If it will be BPM based system (just like in MIDI editor in Cubase) I will have no problems. Just move 4 beats to the right and fill it with new light scene. Please think abuot it
2. When I press button with next song the previous one is still active (i check all options but with no luck)
In the future I will add 3 RGB fixtures to the front just to add some character with light to our singer and guitarists in front
Once again thank you for QLC and i hope you will consider to add those functionality in future