Entering channel and capability data

Here you can share your fixture definitions with the community
SaLT

Hallo @all,
I'm new to the QLC+ and come from myDMX and LumiDesk. So first I have to transfer all my SSL2 fixture definitions into the QLC+ format.
Unfortunatelly it's a lot of work, because many of my fixtures are not (or not completely) represented in the database.

Theferfore my first question is, if there is a tool available for transforming SSL2 fixture representations (mininum roughly the channels, DXM ranges, textual descriptions) into the QXF format?
It would spend a lot of time, because some of my moving video beamers have up to 54 channels with a lot of channels which have possibly 50 to 200 DXM ranges per each. Typing it manually again (I did it already for SSL2) would be a nightmare.

Some of my fixtures have a lot of channels which are all of type "Effect". Is it possible to give effect channels individual icons (instead of the star) for an easier distingushing the one from the others, e.g., in the simple desk view?

Thanks a lot for your quick answer.
Regards
Andreas
janosvitok

It's not possible to set custom icon for effects channel.

There is no import from SSL2 as far as I know. Quick search on the internet tells me that it's an undocumented binary format, so unless there is editor that can export it to something readable,
there's little hope for converter.

There is import from Avolites D4 format. You may find a definition for your fixtures on the Avolites site.

Can you tell us what model/make are your fixtures?
mitscherdinger

2 questions on this:
boxy wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:20 pm 6. If there is a multi-function channel controlled by other channels, don't create several modes for it as this doesn't work. Split the capabilities where the the functions change for each mode:

eg.:

Channel name - Letter/Number/Speed Adjustment (Increasing Speed 0..255)
Capabilities -
0-9: Letter 'A'/Number '0'
10-19: Letter 'B'/Number '0'
20-27: Letter 'C'/Number '0'
28-29: Letter 'D'/Number '1'

The letter selector changes at 10, 20, 30... The first number selector changes at 28. So, Number '0' appears 3 times. You could argue above that 'Increasing Speed 0..255' should be on each line. It's not because it covers the whole range of values so only needs mentioning in the title.
Which category of capability should I use, then? I mean, QLC+ seems to handle different categories differently, doesn't it?
Example: I'm editing a fixture for the Eurolite LED KLS-2500, and somehow in one mode the manufacturer decided to use dimmer AND speed adjustment in one channel, depending on the value of another channel. I guess, I can't use something different then "intensity" here, although I don't know how "speed" is handled. (Using "effect" would break fading, wouldn't it?)
boxy wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:20 pm 8. Add a master fader if there is one to all the heads in each mode. This is mentioned in the docs but seldom gets done.
Just to understand it right: I have a LED bar with 4 spots and this device does have a 13-channel-mode with RGB on each spot (3+3+3+3 channels) and a dimmer channel on the 13th, then "heads" should be used like this:
Head 1 (1,2,3,13)
Head 2 (4,5,6,13)
Head 3 (7,8,9,13)
Head 4 (10,11,12,13)

right?
mitscherdinger

Anyone?
Just one of those questions?
mcallegari

Interdependent channels are not supported right now.
A rework on fixture definitions is ongoing on a GIT branch, which will tackle this issue among others.
Will surely post some news when I have some.

Heads question: correct.
mitscherdinger

Great stuff, again, Massimo!
And thanks for answering the heads question - this means, I have to overwork the Eurolite LED KLS-2500 and the IMG Stage Line PARL4-SET. Coming soon!
Katekla

Hello,

I'm trying to build this Chroma Q fixture, got the first 1-7 channels in, and now stumped on the channels 8 and 9. Does anyone have any ideas?

Also this ECL Profile, the last few channels are giving me trouble.

If anyone has previously built these, or has done channels with the similar parameters, advice would be really welcome.

Thanks

Kate
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 13.45.39.png
Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 13.34.05.png