Blizzard Puck Fab5

Here you can share your fixture definitions with the community
James Elliott

A handy little LED RGBAW par can, with three DMX modes.
Attachments
Blizzard-Lighting-Puck-Fab5.qxf
(3.88 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Massimo Callegari

Both Blizzard fixtures corrected and added to QLC+. Thanks !
James Elliott

Thanks! Can you let me know what needed correcting so I can get it right the first time with my next fixtures?
Massimo Callegari

- Color channel didn't have colours set for Click & Go
- RGBAW channels were empty, so I added 0-255 range
- Snap speed missed 0-15 range (found in manual)
- Fade Speed missed 0-15 range (found in manual)

attached the updated fixture
Attachments
(6.83 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
James Elliott

Thanks, Massimo, I had assumed that an empty features section implied a simple 0-255 range, I will explicitly add them in the future, as well as the colours.

With respect to the 0-15 ranges for the snap and fade speeds, I believe the manual is incorrect on that point (I have already contributed a few errata to future versions of manuals for Blizzard’s more complex fixtures). I suspect they thought they needed a "stop" range before they added the separate channel to control whether fade or snap was in effect. I will double-check that when I get the lights set up in their next staging area (everything is in my car at the moment) and get back to you.
James Elliott

After getting all my lights set up on the truss for the first time, I was able to confirm my memory. The manual is wrong, there is no “Fade Off” or ”Snap Off” section of the fade and snap speed channels; the capabilities I had defined for those channels were correct. Here is an updated version starting with your other enhancements, but back to the way the fixtures actually behave for those two channels.

Also, I went and looked at what you did for the color assignments for the macro modes. I had thought about that, but since the colors are completely blended, was not sure if picking a first and second color (for the ones where there are only two colors active) was the right approach. I had been thinking of going back and picking single color swatches that actually look like the blended color you get when you choose that macro, when I had time. Or is that not how people use those swatches?

Thanks again.
Attachments
(6.71 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Massimo Callegari

Updated, thank you !

About colors, I wasn't sure either. Since you phisically own the device, you could suggest what are the colors that would make more sense to display.
James Elliott

Great, I will update it so it displays the blended colors that are a better visual aid to the user. Now that I am actually playing with the scene editor, I can see how the fixture definitions affect it, and yes, a single color reflecting the mix is what makes the most sense here.
James Elliott

Hmm, I tried starting that, but as soon as I edit one of the capabilities in my Color channel and close the dialog where I pick the color, the Fixture Definition Editor user interface stops responding to my mouse clicks, and I am unable to open the next capability. This is on Mac OS X, Mountain Lion 10.8.3, on a 2GHz Intel Core i7.