Renkforce GM107 70W RGBW LED moving head

Here you can share your fixture definitions with the community
edogawa

One more chinese mini head, this device looks almost identical to the U'king 70W unit doughadfield posted a definition for.

It misses the DMX signal LED and shows the Renkforce Logo above the LCD panel.
The firmware obviously differs, it has less parameters and the modes have different channel counts and order (5 and 13 ch vs. 8 and 14 ch).

Doug's U'king seems to be better value for cash, I've seen it at 90 USD while I paid 170 EUR for mine... I just had to get one of these quickly from the store without much time to compare prices, and this one matched my needs in brightness, beam width and unit size :)

Anyway, I believe my definition is complete, it works well for me and of course passes the validator.

Greetings, Edgar
Attachments
Renkforce-GM107.qxf
(4.43 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
edogawa

It seems this definition never made it to the github repo, may I ask to include it?

Meanwhile I have used this mini wash with my definition a lot of times.

As I had it in my user fixtures folder it escaped me that it's missing in the qlc library... I realized only yesterday, while installing qlc+ on a theater PC I'm setting up for show playback jobs.

Thanks, Edgar
mcallegari

Hi, please read this
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11386&p=49136#p49136

Renkforce doesn't even have a website.
edogawa

Fair enough... I've read that other thread before, but had forgotten, also about the extra repository.

Renkforce obviously is Conrad's (that big electronics shop) brand name for various chinese equipment - they sell a lot of computer and A/V stuff branded with this name, from cable adapters to USB hubs to RPi accessories to LED lighting. That doesn't tell much about the quality of the specific product, I admit.

This little LED wash was cheap and chinese made but it's not complete crap - it works reliably, has bright and strong RGBW colours that mix well, and not too much spill light - I've seen much worse fixtures. But yes, there are several brands (Lixada, beamZ etc.) using the same housing and similar, but always slightly different features, so you never can know what you get in the end, as usually they are sold over the net without a chance to see them working...