Lixada (Generic Chineesium) RGBW Moving Head Beam & Wash Fixture w/ 360degree tilt

Here you can share your fixture definitions with the community
i25773

Here's what the fixture looks like
http://www.ebay.com/itm/371990328352

It supports either 15 or 21 channel mode.

It has one head with two groupings of LEDs:
4 LEDs in wash mode
1 LED in beam mode

They claim that the LEDs are 10W, but they look like 3W at best. Still, very bright!

540 degrees of pan and either 190 degrees of tilt or a continuous tilt depending on which channel you use. If you want precise control, then you're limited to 190 degrees of tilt. If you just want the head to spin in a direction continuously, then there's a channel for that, too. I've documented this as best i can in the fixture profile.

The manual i have is different from the images on the eBay listing. Depending on what settings you set on the fixture you can turn on sound active mode via DMX. The eBay listing makes this seem like it's the _only_ configuration option, but it's not. By default DMX to turn on sound mode is disabled.
Furthermore, there are at least 8 pre-programed color flash sequences, but the manual i have seems to imply that i can swap out the set of (at least) 8. I have not confirmed this. It's quite difficult to describe the pre-programed color macros in the fixture, so just play around with CH19 to get a feeling for what they offer. It seems like there are only a few macros that are basic RGBW chases or color blends. These simple chases are compounded to build slightly longer chases. The chases seem to come in two types: both heads at once, one head trails the other in the chase.

Like i said, hard to describe accurately, so just play around and you'll get the idea.

The label on the bottom of the light has this info:

LED Light
Model DS-647A-2
Input AC110-240V / 50-60Hz
PIN:L08 15 US
GUANGZHOU ART KING TECHNOLOG
INDUSTRIAL CO., LIMITED
MADE IN CHINA

The manual i have is 2.6MB which this old phpBB wont let me up load, so i have attached the images from eBay. They're pretty similar.
The fixture profile is also attached
Attachments
ebay menu.jpg
ebay 15ch.jpg
ebay 21 ch.jpg
i25773

apparently i can only upload 3 files per post?
Attachments
Lixada-Dual Head.qxf
(6.63 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
mcallegari

While I appreciate your effort to create these definitions, please be aware that I will not accept chinese fixtures in the library.
Reasons:
- if I start adding every chinese product, we will end up having a 10000 fixtures library of unknown/random manufacturers, and 99,9% of the times users won't find their particular chinese fixture anyway. There are a gazillion of re-branded clones on the market.
- poor/wrong manuals
- lack of a product page / website

I took this decision to keep the fixture library clean and useful for most of the users, not just one or two who buy products on eBay/AliExpress/wherever.
Majik

mcallegari wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:57 am While I appreciate your effort to create these definitions, please be aware that I will not accept chinese fixtures in the library.
That totally makes sense, but may I get some clarification on this?

From my research and experience, a lot of the cheaper fixtures from brands like Eurolite, Stagg, Gear4Music and others are rebadged Chinese fixtures.

Should we be submitting fixture definitions for these?

There are so many generically branded fixtures coming out of China at the moment that it's impossible to keep track of them, especially as the same fixtures are often sold under different brands and models and eBay listings for them can come and go on a weekly basis. On the other hand, if a moderately well-known US or EU company (e.g. Eurolite, or Stairville) apply their own branding and model naming to some of these, that tends to make these fixtures a little more mainstream and referenceable. Of course, add to this that some online retailers (e.g. Gear4Music) are seeing the opportunity to sell rebadged versions of these fixtures. The question is, where is the line drawn?

By the way, I'm not arguing either way, and I'm not looking to get into a debate over what should and shouldn't be accepted. I realise that a hard and fast set of rules is difficult to achieve and to follow, but wondered if you could give some sort of opinion.

Maybe one guideline would be to restrict fixtures by brand, and having a way that people can request to have a popular brand added to the list?

Cheers,

Keith
mcallegari

The question is, where is the line drawn?
Well, giving the fact that nowadays almost every technological device comes out of China, what actually makes the difference is who follows the chinese manufacturing.
An example: the iPhone.

If a chinese retailer takes the initiative of selling a product outside their country, the price will be unbeatable, but all the rest will suck, starting from manuals written in chinese or in a very bad english. Also, plastics will suck, package cartons will suck, cables will suck, LEDs will suck, and so on...

If on the other hand, a european or american company instruct the chinese what to do and QA them at every step, then maybe a good product will come out. On the other hand, this will cost 4 times the chinese original price. (in the iPhone case: 8 times lol)
If you do lighting for business then this can still make sense, but if you do it for hobby, then the temptation of buying random brands is high.

So, to make it short:
- first thing I check on a fixture, is if the manufacturer has a website. If it doesn't or if it is chinese, I'll reject it (eBay is NOT a brand website, for the record)
- if the brand is actually a reseller, that sells moving heads as well as bicycles, then I'll reject it.
In this case Thomann is the exception, but it's also true that they are consistent in what they sell (everything is for stages) and Stairville is a freaking popular brand.

So, in the end, what I check the most, is the brand reliability. If it doesn't convince me, I'll reject.
janosvitok

Keith,

there's a second repository at https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus-extras and its purpose is to collect these off-brand definitions
that are not accepted to the main repository.

Jano
Majik

Great feedback, and it all makes sense.

Plus, I learned something new: I can contribute Generic Chinese fixtures somewhere.

Many thanks to both.

Cheers,

Keith
xorcist

These are garbage - Don't bother - Bought 2 and both were broken upon arrival. Run away.