Fixture Definition Advice

Here you can share your fixture definitions with the community
OddSocks

Hi,

I have managed to get my hands on a Martin Mac 401 Dual Zoom.

I have been looking at creating a definition for it but can't work out what to do with the modes.

There are officially six modes and within those, three separate ways to split the main head into zones.

On top of that a second head can be attached to the back of the unit.

Here is a link to the manual http://www.martin.com/Martin.Download.a ... 1_EN_E.pdf

My feeling is that I will create a definition for my own use, with just the one RGB head attached, with six modes covering (calibrated RGB, un-calibrated RGB and HS) with 3 ways to split the head and (the same again but with effects).

What are other peoples ideas.
boxy

I will have a go and post what I think is the solution to this for you to try.
OddSocks

Thanks for that.

I was only after ideas and opinions of what people thought was the most sensible way to go on this, but if you want to have a go I wouldn't want to stop you :-)
boxy

IF you want to do it create a mode for each selectable way of driving the LED quadrants. As these are (I believe) selected from the back panel, they count as different modes entirely in QLC+.
OddSocks

Quick question, what do we do with Hue, saturation, value channels?

I have a feeling that QLC+ and the fixture editor does not support these as yet. If I am wrong please tell me as I could not find them in the channel descriptions.
janosvitok

Tim,

you are right. There's no support for H/S/V channels yet. If they were, most probably the channels would be marked as Intensity, with color = Hue/Saturation/Value.
Since they are not supported, marking the channels as Intensity with no color would mark them as dimmer channels, and I'm not sure whether is it desired (RGB matrixes will set them to full).
If you mark them as Effect or Color, they will be LTP.

This adds three TODOs:
- add H/S/V colors to QLC+ (including RGB matrix and color picker; QColor does the conversion)
- add "Other" color to avoid similar problems (e.g. with CTO channels) for which we want HTP behavior
- this is harder: split dimmers and primary colors to different group.

What are your thoughts about H/S/V regarding HTP/LTP? I'd guess that S and V are clearly HTP, and I'm not sure about H.

Jano