Controling Lights separately on 2 4Bar Tri's HELP!!!!

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Tuck231

Trying to figure out how to run 2 4Bar Tri, Had to kinda teach myself. Accomplishing a little at a time. Having fun and pulling my hair out at the same time. I finally got it so I can control both bars manually live and save the scenes. But when I change 1 light on one bar i'm controlling 1 on each. So I guess I have 4 channels. My question is how the heck can I control EACH light on EACH bar separately????? I'm thinking it's simply an address issue on one bar or the other. Thanks for any input I can get on this. : )))
plugz

Hello,

what address have you set on each bar ?

also, can you share your workspace file ? (.qxw)
janosvitok

I assume it's this light: http://www.chauvetdj.com/products/4bar-tri-usb/

Set both to 15 channel mode - it gives more flexibility.
Set the first one to address 1 (i.e. it will occupy channels 1-15) and the second one to address 16 (will occupy channels 16-30).

Now you can control each one individually. The rule is: if you want to control them as one light (both will always do the same)
then set them to same address (100% overlap). If you want to control them individually, set them to different addresses
so there is no overlap in occupied channels.

I suggest you create RGB matrix for the lights, it's the easiest way to get started with some effects. Look up some tutorial or docs.
Tuck231

First time even using forums. Trying to figure this out as well LOL. So I don't know if i'm just responding to message #2 or both. Just picked up the lights (they aren't mine)
Trying to help the band out using my little lap top. Have watched lots and lots of youtube stuff. That helped. Have to hook them up to find out address. Seems to me it was d 1
Will up load the file i made (once I figure that out lol)
Not sure how to address it to 1 and then 15 but will sure give it a try. Thanks so much.
Attachments
Tight Rope3.qxw
(16.57 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
janosvitok

You set mode and address using LCD and buttons on the back of the light.
See manual page 9 "DMX Personality and Starting Address"
First light should display 15CH and then d1, the other 15CH and then d16.

In your qxw file, the second fixture is patched to address 32, so either change it in QLC+ to 16,
or set the second light to d32. The addresses on the lights and in QLC+ must match.
Tuck231

thanks so much. I'll try this out. I also found the manual on line and page 9 from your link.
I'll read through the manual and pick up some more info/instructions.
Soon i'd love to program an entire song and just click "start" : )))
But after I have more control over each light. I'd love to "Fade In" from one scene to the next.
I know this programs has a LOT of things it can do. So this is just
the tip of whats possible. I'd love to get more info.

You've been a GREAT help!!! Peace.