Edit hold timing in operator mode

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
checco_ux

Hello, i'm new to this forum and i need to know if it's possible to edit the hold time of a chase in operator mode, with a fader o something like that; i know that you can use the live edit function but i need to do that on the go, and with the live edit i lost some time :roll: plz help :D
siegmund

Have a look at speed Dial.

Massimo please move this to Usage questions -> Generic
DVJ_Deano

Just to jump on the back of this one.

I need to set up a lamp off command to a set of lights, now i've built the scene for the relevant dmx channel value, and i've put it into a chaser as i need to activate timings for it etc.
But i might be missing something simple here but the chaser is not operating to how i want it.
Basically i need it to be at the dmx value to trigger it on hold for 5 seconds, but then i need it to do a hold fade time of 8 minutes before completely fading off to zero.
When i put in the information say 5 seconds hold, 480s (8 mins) for the fade out, it gives me a total duration time of 6 seconds.

Simple solution is confusing the hell out of me ;-) Or is it just easier doing a full hold time for the 8 minutes? then a fade out?
siegmund

Fade Out is not respected in the duration, see this figure: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9920&p=43442#p43442

Share your workspace file!
bleurose

This is a key point. Fadeout is overlapped on the FadeIn for the next step (or steps) and so it isn't part of the overall duration of the step (or the chase). The duration of each step is its fadein time plus its hold time. Since the next step starts as soon as the hold time of the previous step is reached, the duration of the previous step is "over" at that point, even though it will actually continue to run its "fade out" overlapped with the next step (or even possibly several steps if the duration of the NEXT step is less than the fade out time of the previous step. This enables some pretty cool sequences although if subsequent steps use the same fixtures that are in previous steps, then there will combining of the levels (and possibly other channels) based on the still running previous steps.

Simple example:

Step 1 - FADE IN 2 sec, HOLD 5 sec, FADE OUT 10 sec (DURATION 7 sec)
Step 2 - FADE IN 3 sec, HOLD 3 sec, FADE OUT 3 sec (DURATION 6 sec)
Step 3 - FADE IN 2 sec, HOLD 1 sec, FADE OUT 1 sec (DURATION 3 sec)

Note that the duration of the steps is the total of FADE IN + HOLD time, and the overal duration is 17 seconds (the total of the durations of all the steps PLUS the Fade out time of the last step).

Step 1 will start fading out as soon as step 2 starts fading in, but it will contine to fade out over the full remainder of both steps 2 and 3:

Using u for fade up, h for hold and d for fade down, here is what happens for the three steps:

Code: Select all

Step 1: uuhhhhhdddddddddd
Step 2:        uuuhhhddd
Step 3:              uuhd