QLC and Resolume

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Lightboymike

So I'm having trouble integrating the VJ program Resolume and QLC plus. I use the Touch OSC app with QLC plus and that works fine but i can't get it to work with Resolume. I also want to make buttons in QLC and have them play certain videos in Resolume but can't get QLC to recognize and vise versa. The two programs run on separate computers but are networked together. Any help is appreciated, this!
mcallegari

More details please.
Operating system ?
What kind of protocol does Resolume use ? (OSC ? ArtNet ? MIDI ?)
How did you configure the QLC+ input/output ?
Do you see the joystick blinking in the QLC+ Input/Output panel ?
onlythumper

I'm having somewhat similar issues getting Resolume to talk to QLC. I have set Resolume to output on it's default internal Artnet output (127.0.0.1) and have set that as my universe 1 input within QLC. It seems to send the data fine as I get the joystick . The problem is the data/packets are not doing anything when they reach QLC. I have set up a single RGB "matrix" 1 column wide, 8 rows tall and set to dmx channel 1. I have created a fixture in resolume that matches the dimensions and dmx channel of the matrix in qlc. I test ran a video and the dmx channels are running and output via the artnet from Resolume, but I see absolutely zero activity in QLC besides the joystick. I've checked the channels in the monitor and in simple desk. I don't even have a light connected or a dmx interface, just doing an internal app to app test and I get no results.

Any idea what could be wrong? :?
plugz

onlythumper wrote:Any idea what could be wrong? :?
Yes: you're not sharing the workspace.

Also:

What are you trying to do ?

Are you trying to forward the input from resolume to a DMX USB dongle ? If so, simply toggle the "passthough" checkbox for this universe.

Are you trying to animate an RGB matrix from the resolume input ? This is not possible.

Are you trying to make you fixtures copy the resolume input ? That is possible, but also complicated.
onlythumper

I'm attempting to use QLC as a converter to convert the artnet packets to my open dmx. I have a single dmx led bar that has 8 "pixels" of RGB and I've set it up properly (I've had these fixtures for a while, and have tested them numerous times). They work fine when I manually dial in the colors using the simple console controls.

I also used The Artnetometer to verify I'm getting signal from Resolume on the proper DMX address/universe and it picks it up fine and I can see the values changing as they are supposed to. Somewhere on the front end of QLC as it's trying to collect the packets it appears to be failing. I have set the universe mode to passthrough and set my openDMX device as the output (as I mentioned above, manually controlling the fixture seems to work fine). I don't see any activity in the console for any of the channels.

I figured it would be more straightforward than this. :oops:
plugz

Have you tried changing the input ArtNet universe in QLC+ ? Maybe resolume outputs one universe 1 and QLC+ listens on universe 0 ?
onlythumper

Yup,

I get the joystick when I'm using universe 1 (in QLC) and when I switch to my second universe output from resolume the joystick goes away (no signal). I've also tried assigning the artnet input (and openDMX output) to universe 2 in QLC but I lose the joystick with that method as well.

Resolume broadcasts artnet, could it have something to do with qlc not accepting a broadcast signal?

EDIT:
to be clear you are correct and resolume outputs on universe 0, but QLC picks up on universe 1. I determined that first when I routed everything based on the joystick showing up and trying different configurations.
plugz

Which version of QLC+ have you tried ?

Have you tried by starting QLC+ BEFORE resolume ?
onlythumper

I'm on version 4.9.1 of QLC and I have tried opening QLC first with the same results.
onlythumper

Just realized how out of date my version of QLC was, just updated to 4.10.4 and it's working fine :roll:

Thanks for you responses!
Habefaro

Hello,

I'm trying something similiar. I want to Output Artnet from Resolume into QLC+, passthrough the universe and Output E1.31 from QLC+ to control Pixel Stripes.

Setup: Resolume 6 and QLC+ 4.11.2 on the same machine, Windows 7.

When I choose broadcast, everything works fine, but when I choose QLC+ directly with IPAddress 127.0.0.1 (it appears in resolume when I activate inputin QLC), QLC+ does not receive anything. I checked with ArtNetominator, Resolume Outputs correct on localHost, universe 0.

Finally my question: is that normal behavior that QLC+ only listens on broadcast address? I would like to avoid using broadcast since sending out E1.31 over network again.
Habefaro

Ok I got it working now, thanks to a discussion in resolume forum. http://resolume.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14960

So if anyone has the same problem and dont want to use Broadcast:

In resolume go to preferences --> DMX and choose Localhost as Network-Adapter. As Output address choose 127.255.255.255.
Then in QLC+ choose 127.0.0.1 as Input.