Leynew DMX-WIFI ART-NET WF310

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
tahitibub

Hi,

Nowadays, you can find a WIFI-DMX converter for less than 100 EUR (for example, a WF310 controller can be found here).

I personnaly own a WF310, and I managed to linked it to my network using these instructions : "how to use WF310 ,the DMX-wifi art-net controller" (the Windows Software used to setup parameters on the WF310 is called WifiManager and is available here).

FYI, I also discovered you can access some parameters via http to the WF310 IP address, using these credentials (login : admin / password : admin).

I managed to use it with EasyDMX app on iOS, but I'd like to use it on QLC+.

Can someone explain how to use Art-Net or Pocket-DMX protocols on QLC+ with this controller ?

Regards

NB : Just in case, the firmware update procedure is available here, and the binary file here. It seems the transfer must be done under Windows XP to work ...
blekenbleu

My understanding is that EasyDMX is mutually exclusive with ArtNet on this device.
After configuring the WF310 for ArtNet
and the PC running running QLC+ is set to the same Wi-Fi SSID,
then QLC+ should be able to access it.
http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/artnetplugin.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9bccwcYQpM
Varg

Please tell me, did you manage to connect wf310 to QLC? It is not the first day I suffer with it, and it does not work ...
The program finds the device in the Nodes Tree, but does not send DMX. With iViev ArtNet program found that the DMX signal is sent only to the address 192.168.1.255 (which is on the 255, but not below) if specified in the string ip adress. But wf310 this address can not be set (via the web interface). only to 224. Tell me, what to do..
LeXLuther422

Do you still have the binary file if so can you upload it or email it to me? The site referenced has lost the file so now I get a 404 error.
mcallegari

What does this have to do with "Fixture definitions" ???

Please DO NOT contribute to make a mess of this forum.
In any case I'm gonna move this to the usage section
mGrapf

@tahitibub:
Could you/anyone help me?

I do not know if I've changed the settings. My DMX-converter does not work anymore.
Are these settings right?
WF310.png

Thank you
noda

I have the same settings (default) but I can't make it work... is there anything special to set up? I see the node listed in qlc but sending DMx values does not work. How did you make it work initially?
noda

@mgraph: did you try to update the firmware recently?
The AliExpress seller I bought it from just told me the firmware was updated and does not support ArtNet anymore, just their EasyDMX crap app... what nonsense :x
mGrapf

As far as I know I have nothing changed.
...the part has never worked ;-(
mander

I'm trying to set my WF310 to use Art-Net mode, but my controller did not come with a software CD. The WiFi Manager software download links from your post no longer work. I need your help getting the WiFi Manager software. Please email me the software as an email attachment, and email it to Mander.Zander@gmail.com I'll setup and post new download links for any software or firmware you send to me. Thank you.
tahitibub wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:28 am Hi,

Nowadays, you can find a WIFI-DMX converter for less than 100 EUR (for example, a WF310 controller can be found here).

I personnaly own a WF310, and I managed to linked it to my network using these instructions : "how to use WF310 ,the DMX-wifi art-net controller" (the Windows Software used to setup parameters on the WF310 is called WifiManager and is available here).

FYI, I also discovered you can access some parameters via http to the WF310 IP address, using these credentials (login : admin / password : admin).

I managed to use it with EasyDMX app on iOS, but I'd like to use it on QLC+.

Can someone explain how to use Art-Net or Pocket-DMX protocols on QLC+ with this controller ?

Regards

NB : Just in case, the firmware update procedure is available here, and the binary file here. It seems the transfer must be done under Windows XP to work ...
noda

After (long) conversation with chinese dealers of WF310 and even with the manufacturer of the device, it seems that the device does not support ArtNet at all... While the device can be seen as an ArtNet node on the network, it nevers transmit DMX data. Even though the sellers indicates artnet compatibility on the product, they tell me in PM that the device is meant to work only with the EasyDMX app, and ArtNet is not supported... :shock:

For anyone looking into a cheap and WORKING replacement, I made this: http://www.instructables.com/id/ESP8266-Artnet-to-DMX/ and it works GREAT with QLC+, for about 10$ of material and some free time. I made it even simpler than on the link, using a 4$ NodeMCU 1.0 dev board (so no need for voltage conversion, a standard USB adapter for smartphone works) and just a single DMX output. All parts can be found on... aliexpress :D
sharydk

I need to reset the ROM of my WF-310. It got stuck at initializing after I changed its mode from "AP". I have tried to Reset the ROM form the links given above but wasn't able to do so. Tried the FUN button also but no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
noda

Just in case anyone finds this: DO NOT BUY WF310 if you plan to use Art-Net, it is NOT supported!

Despite the advertising, I got the confirmation from the maker itself that the firmware does not work with ArtNet, only with their EasyDMX app.
So disappointed...

But then if you don't mind doing it yourself, I went with this: http://www.instructables.com/id/ESP8266-Artnet-to-DMX/ and it works perfectly with QLC+, for way cheaper than anything sold out there!
AndyF

Received my WF310 from China a few days ago and set about looking for help setting it up and ended up on this forum post - bit disappointed to hear in previous post from "noda" that they could not get it to work. But I tried anyway and after a small amount of messing around and quick set up I have it working fine with QLC+ on my Mac (I'm sure it will work with Windows as well - will let you know once I try it.)
Here is what I did:

1. on my PC i downloaded the wifimanager software, you need to extract it to a folder but it doesn't need to be installed.
2. run the software - plug in the WF310 via the supplied USB cable
3. software eventually picks it up - go to Settings. Select the work mode to suit what you want to do. I selected the mode to suit my Mac connecting straight to it via WIFI rather than via my router.
4. select the ART-NET protocol rather than easy DMX - save changes
then after switching unit off and on and restarting QLC+ on the Mac i connected to the WF310 wireless network, open your project and go to IN/OUT tab and make sure WF310 is selected
5. it works! - the DMX reaction times are a bit slow so i wouldn't want to use is for a full busy stage show, but for smaller productions or gigs where i just want to move from one scene to another i think it will be fine.
I am writing this up from memory so if anyone wants me to check the settings in more details then let me know.
Andy