Leynew DMX-WIFI ART-NET WF310

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
noda

After (long) conversation with chinese dealers of WF310 and even with the manufacturer of the device, it seems that the device does not support ArtNet at all... While the device can be seen as an ArtNet node on the network, it nevers transmit DMX data. Even though the sellers indicates artnet compatibility on the product, they tell me in PM that the device is meant to work only with the EasyDMX app, and ArtNet is not supported... :shock:

For anyone looking into a cheap and WORKING replacement, I made this: http://www.instructables.com/id/ESP8266-Artnet-to-DMX/ and it works GREAT with QLC+, for about 10$ of material and some free time. I made it even simpler than on the link, using a 4$ NodeMCU 1.0 dev board (so no need for voltage conversion, a standard USB adapter for smartphone works) and just a single DMX output. All parts can be found on... aliexpress :D
sharydk

I need to reset the ROM of my WF-310. It got stuck at initializing after I changed its mode from "AP". I have tried to Reset the ROM form the links given above but wasn't able to do so. Tried the FUN button also but no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
noda

Just in case anyone finds this: DO NOT BUY WF310 if you plan to use Art-Net, it is NOT supported!

Despite the advertising, I got the confirmation from the maker itself that the firmware does not work with ArtNet, only with their EasyDMX app.
So disappointed...

But then if you don't mind doing it yourself, I went with this: http://www.instructables.com/id/ESP8266-Artnet-to-DMX/ and it works perfectly with QLC+, for way cheaper than anything sold out there!
AndyF

Received my WF310 from China a few days ago and set about looking for help setting it up and ended up on this forum post - bit disappointed to hear in previous post from "noda" that they could not get it to work. But I tried anyway and after a small amount of messing around and quick set up I have it working fine with QLC+ on my Mac (I'm sure it will work with Windows as well - will let you know once I try it.)
Here is what I did:

1. on my PC i downloaded the wifimanager software, you need to extract it to a folder but it doesn't need to be installed.
2. run the software - plug in the WF310 via the supplied USB cable
3. software eventually picks it up - go to Settings. Select the work mode to suit what you want to do. I selected the mode to suit my Mac connecting straight to it via WIFI rather than via my router.
4. select the ART-NET protocol rather than easy DMX - save changes
then after switching unit off and on and restarting QLC+ on the Mac i connected to the WF310 wireless network, open your project and go to IN/OUT tab and make sure WF310 is selected
5. it works! - the DMX reaction times are a bit slow so i wouldn't want to use is for a full busy stage show, but for smaller productions or gigs where i just want to move from one scene to another i think it will be fine.
I am writing this up from memory so if anyone wants me to check the settings in more details then let me know.
Andy