OSC support for Behringer X-Air mixers

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
kenm

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay between posts but I've been very busy at work and didn't have as much time as I expected to work on this. Attached please find an input profile, fixture definition, and example workspace for controlling an X-Air mixer using XAirRemote. The workspace is set up assuming XAirRemote is running on the same computer as QLC+ (i.e. 127.0.0.1). The fixture definition has six modes that represent the six types of controls for a mixer. The example workspace implements all possible controls for Channel 01.

You'll need version 1.2 of XAirRemote and it can be downloaded from the link below:

https://sites.google.com/site/xairutilities/

I don't have a Windows binary package yet since I don't have access to a Windows system. I normally develop on OS X and Linux (Ubuntu).

There are a couple of issues I ran into with using QLC+ to control a mixer.

When QLC+ is switched from design mode to operate mode the values of the QLC+ virtual console widgets are sent to the mixer which is not good. Normally the mixer settings are sync'd TO the controller not FROM the controller. For example, by default all "mute scenes" will unmute all channels when entering operate mode.

Fixture definitions assume the fixture is DMX controlled. Controlling an OSC device requires virtual console widgets tied to DMX channels.

HTP/LTP rules are good for lighting but not so much for audio. Maybe I just don't understand how to use them properly.

Hopefully others who are more familiar with QLC+ can develop this further.

--Ken
Attachments
XAirRemote-Example.qxw
(15.12 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
Behringer-XAirRemote.qxf
(6.42 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Behringer-XAirRemote.qxi
(40.69 KiB) Downloaded 193 times