Using audio triggers globally

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Dag Stenstad

Hi everyone!

I have a few fixtures at home for parties. The few times I've used them I've just set them to sound-activated, as you can see here at [the first install for the kids Halloween party](https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10 ... 0630455012).

This works fine, but I like to tinker.

I've added the fixtures to QLC+ (Ubuntu 14.04, 4.8.3) and connected it via E1.31 to a Rapsberry Pi with OLA and an EntTec Open DMX interface.

I am now able to control the lights, and create fancy scenes and chasers. But I often want the chasers to step using audio cues, and I have started to amass a large amount of chasers and scenes just for these few fixtures.

I originally used 4.8.1, and noticed that my available options was to attach Audio Trigger -> VC -> Step in a cuelist/chaser. But that only allowed one cuelist, and I would have to create a loong cuelist of all chasers beforehand. Also it would make havoc for the chasers where I do need specific timing.

Then I tried the workaround of connecting the audio trigger to the tap of a timer, but then the tap doesn't stop when there is no beat..

I see from the release notes/changelog of 4.8.3 that you have made some changes to allow multiple triggers, but I think this is not really what I'm looking for?

Ideally I'd like to create lots of cuelists, hopefully hidden somewhere offscreen or in a frame, that I can trigger with a large button array.

I imagine the buttons would start cuelists like:

* Start/Stop a "Strobe" cuelist, that steps on audio triggers. Might also stop all other running functions?
* Start/Stop a "Auto mode" cuelist for scanners, that steps on every X audio triggers to change pattern and/or direction of scanners.
* Start a ping-pong cuelist for scanners that light up one by one stepping on audio triggers. Then return to previous settings.

So, I guess my question is, is there a way to do this in QLC+ now? I assume I want some kind of "master" audio-triggered step-functionality that I can pipe into any other cuelist on demand.

QLC+ seems to be mainly geared to pre-planned events or live music/theatrical performances.

And from what I've seen it is quite awesome at that.
nielektronik

yeah,
also looking for something such...
KTomi

I have a similar problem. Can anyone solve this?
asbo

Have you tried using the loopback plugin? Trigger loopback channels with the audio trigger widget and then use these loopback channels as external inputs for buttons/cue lists for your desired functions
igorrobertifoc

I did, I move next scene every beat. You nee to link the audio trigger to a button and then use a loopback that pilot the cue. I posted my workspace 2 month a go, there is my configuration inside there.
wonkydonkeydj

Hey all, i am looking to set a global audio trigger such that anything I turn on will run via sound to light (sound to step) in the control panel.

I have identified the loopback control as this seems to be the way you guys have achieved it but i have absolutely no idea where to go to go from here can anyone provide instructions on making global sound to light work using loopback (only using one universe)

Thank you in advance!