mid trigger to change shows.

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
wayneward

Ive got qlc set up nicely and operating all my fixtures with no glitches!

i have connected using midi as ive noticed a small joystick coming up when im send triggers from my show player.

what i need to find out is what are the controls for it to pick a show and the control to start that show

so my show player will play say here comes the sun and send a midi trigger to pick here comes the sun light show and then make that play.
at the end of the song move to a static light show and then when i start the next song it will change the program for that song and then play the show.

is there a list of commands or can somebody just tell me the midi command to select show and play show.

i might not need the play command just pick show scene im thinking if you can tell me how to do this.
siegmund

You may assign your shows to buttons in the virtual console and trigger them with any MIDI command you like (define this MIDI command in the button's preferences of course).
wayneward

I just figured it out about ten minutes before you sent this message!! Yes this works thankyou so much..
Ill leave this open for a day or so incase i run into any problems during me implenting this action. :geek:
DiDi

I'll select Shows by a Midi Program-Change. With a Controller (z.B. CC1 or CC2) it works.
But if i send one Program-Change to QLC the Program-Change and the follow Commands dont have an effect.
A Midi-Program-Change is only a 2-byte-Message (see https://www.midi.org/specifications/ite ... di-message ). Can it be that the Midi-Input of QLC only can work with 3-Byte-Messages?
DiDi

Ok. Sorry. It's not a Bug. I've set the MidiMode form the Inputchanel to Programchange - and ist works very fine.