Fixture order in simple desk

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
sapperloti

Im new in QLC+.
Is it possible to change the fixture order in simple desk view? I prefer the fixture order as their DMX channels instead last added fixture comes up right at last in the panel.
So i can sort all my moving heads together.

Thank you
Unbenannt.PNG
lorenzoandreani

I also have the same question:

How can i order fixtures in simple desk?

Now they are sorted in the order of insertion, but a button to save the order by DMX address or the possibility of saving the order would be useful.

I found that we talk about this here too:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10005&p=43776&hili ... der#p43776
mlohrey

If you click the 'double folder' (View mode) button (top left of widow) it will order by DMX order. No fixture names though.

Cheers

Mark

MacOSX Mojave
4.12.3 Git
lorenzoandreani

mlohrey wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:42 am If you click the 'double folder' (View mode) button (top left of widow) it will order by DMX order. No fixture names though.

Cheers

Mark

MacOSX Mojave
4.12.3 Git
Yes i always switch the 'view mode' but in my show the fixture not are in DMX order.
In many situations i need to order fixtures in custom order (or at least in alphabetical order).

I enclose my show
2020.qxw
(503.84 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
I use 4.12.3 GIT in Windows 10
mlohrey

Impressive show file!
Ok, I thought you were looking for a way to order your fixtures by DMX in simple desk.

I rarely using simple desk. What do you use it for?

When I want to work with scenes with fixtures in a particular order, then I create a few master scenes (with fixtures added in the order I want) and then just duplicate them when I need them.
lorenzoandreani

mlohrey wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:03 pm Ok, I thought you were looking for a way to order your fixtures by DMX in simple desk.
Fixtures are not always correctly ordered in DMX channels, are often added at different times, so for a good display it is preferable to order fixtures in custom mode or at least in alphabetical order

mlohrey wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:03 pm I rarely using simple desk. What do you use it for?
If everything is ok I do not use Simple Desk, but during the show i often need motorized pointers or something else on a single fixture (which are only used for a few minutes and will no longer be needed) which must have priority over any other scene.
Currently the only method I know to do this in QLC + is to use Simple Desk: it is quite fast, immediate and functional.
Unfortunately QLC + does not provide any kind of priority on the scenes and therefore, even if you want to save scenes and edit them at the moment, they would not help me because they would have the same priority as other scenes and therefore would be overwritten by other scenes opened after.
mlohrey

I agree that making adjustments to live scenes is tricky in QLC+. It seems that professional desks (grandma, chamsys etc) all use a 'programmer' in the workflow and that a cue can be loaded into the programmer and then adjusted etc

What I have done in my small theatre productions is use sliders with the monitor function enabled on fixtures that I want to adjust in a live scene. These sliders allow you to over-ride in the same way that simple desk does.

I am not sure how it would work for your type of work though, given the complexity
lorenzoandreani

mlohrey wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:09 pm I agree that making adjustments to live scenes is tricky in QLC+. It seems that professional desks (grandma, chamsys etc) all use a 'programmer' in the workflow and that a cue can be loaded into the programmer and then adjusted etc

What I have done in my small theatre productions is use sliders with the monitor function enabled on fixtures that I want to adjust in a live scene. These sliders allow you to over-ride in the same way that simple desk does.

I am not sure how it would work for your type of work though, given the complexity
None of this, in QLC+ i just need the possibility to custom, alphabetically or DMX order the fixtures in Simple Desk
keukenrol

Looking for similar functionality, to order all functions, chasers, fixtures etc in alphabetical order and make function groups to keep overview.
lorenzoandreani

Still no news on the possibility to sort the fixtures alphabetically in the functions?

There would also be the problem that the names of the fixtures in the function tabs are not visible when there are many fixtures.
function_tabs.png
mlohrey

Not sure if you are interested but this how I deal with lots of fixtures in the function window.

https://youtu.be/9HiM7AvUXyo

Cheers
Mark
DavidGrc

mlohrey wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:53 am Not sure if you are interested but this how I deal with lots of fixtures in the function window.

Cheers
Mark
Thank you for the video. That what i discovered randomly too. I mentionned it there : viewtopic.php?f=29&t=15263
lorenzoandreani

mlohrey wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:53 am Not sure if you are interested but this how I deal with lots of fixtures in the function window.

Not exactly what I need, but what you teach in the video is very useful to me, Thanks