Unstable Virtual desk problems

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
ZeuS

Hello everyone!

I made a virtual desk in the latest qlc. And i tested live on wednesday on a commercial shooting.
My main problem its works unstable. Sometimes working properly sometimes not.
For example i ve got 20 manual slider for dimmer channels and on other page 20 slider for override. sometimes it works like a charm but on the wednesday shooting i cant pull the 3rd and 4th channel above 11% (its appear on 100% but on the dmx monitor still shows 11% and the lamp too) from the virtual console, i could override from simple desk so its saved the situation.
Another thing when adding a scene to a button i cant switch between the scenes. All of them remain active till i manually switch off sometimes not. I have to get scene buttons act like when i press one the other ones in the frame are deactivating and the selected one remains active only.

One more thing. I ran the metro back chaser continuisly and approx. 2 from 3 circuits the lamps not blacking out. they stays in 1-2%. And if i modifying the timewheel sometimes they stays between 0-100% somewhere when they should be on 0%

I am working on Movie shootings where i have to modify everything live on set i cant stop the live, restarting qlc or finding solutions. Everything should works as i planned.
My setup is Acer nitro v17 (i7,16gb ram) with windows 10 with Enttec ode connected to wdmx micro f1 g5 transmitter. Or i can switch the acer to a dell i7 linux laptop if the linux version is more stable.I dont know wich one is better.
I dont know my virtual console setup is wrong somewhere or the qlc is very unstable for this kind of job.
Can someone more expert check my workspace to find a solution?

Thank You very Much
Attachments
Lightinside-Hybrid-Led.qxf
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
Arri--Skypanel-S60-C-FW3.qxf
(43.37 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
basic.qxw
(338.56 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Last edited by ZeuS on Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
kchroma

Hello:

Many others on this forum have more expertise on designing and using a virtual console, but I'll throw in my two cents.

In looking at your virtual console layout, your scene box frame seems to be generic grey and not surrounded with red. Red is a solo frame, and only one button at a time can be active, all the others are automatically turned off.

You mention that your manual dimmers function on and off, sometimes not reaching beyond 11%. You also mention that you have to go into simple desk to help correct the problem, or reboot the computer. If you go into simple desk, you must hit the grey X, next to the orange arrow that points right. This shuts down control of the simple desk and returns it to the scenes you have programmed into your virtual console. Otherwise, you have both ends fighting each other for control. This is just a guess, but did you have some of your dimmers set at 11% on the simple desk, not hit the grey X before leaving simple desk, and try controlling those lights with your virtual console?

Paul
ZeuS

kchroma wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:32 pm Hello:

Many others on this forum have more expertise on designing and using a virtual console, but I'll throw in my two cents.

In looking at your virtual console layout, your scene box frame seems to be generic grey and not surrounded with red. Red is a solo frame, and only one button at a time can be active, all the others are automatically turned off.

You mention that your manual dimmers function on and off, sometimes not reaching beyond 11%. You also mention that you have to go into simple desk to help correct the problem, or reboot the computer. If you go into simple desk, you must hit the grey X, next to the orange arrow that points right. This shuts down control of the simple desk and returns it to the scenes you have programmed into your virtual console. Otherwise, you have both ends fighting each other for control. This is just a guess, but did you have some of your dimmers set at 11% on the simple desk, not hit the grey X before leaving simple desk, and try controlling those lights with your virtual console?

Paul
Thank you kchroma

I figured out the solo frame should act like i needed so i put some red framed button under my scene section. But sometimes red frame acts the same as the regular frame thats is my problem.

I didnt touch the simple desk until i noticed i cant set a value above 11% from the live virtual console fader nor from the override fader(page 2). The simple desk was the solution not the cause.