QLC program crash on run

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Centauri

Can someone have a look at the attached show file & tell me why it crashes when try to run? It only does it when the loopback is applied to the "FlashDetect" knob. Worked fine with a smaller demo, but not with the full show programmed. Thanks in anticipation.
Attachments
Event-Lighting-RGBW12x8.qxf
(2.99 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Event-Lighting-RGBW5x8.qxf
(2.99 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Base Rig.qxw
(505.02 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
siegmund

From a first glance I guess the problem is that you patched both input and output of loopback 1 to Universe 4. Try patching the input to another universe.

Anyway, some fixtures are still missing for this workspace file:

Code: Select all

No fixture definition found for Show Technology EA-8090 STRIP
No fixture definition found for Generic 36x1W R+G+B
Centauri

Loopback doesn't seem to be real well documented, and the settings were based on other examples. A small demo I set up first with the same loopback settings worked fine.
Attached are the two missing files.
Attachments
Show-Technology-EA-8090-STRIP.qxf
(5.91 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Generic-36x1W-R+G+B.qxf
(1.83 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Centauri

Ok, eventually found the issue by examining the qxw file as xml with Google Chrome.
Each of the universe entries had the line "<Feedback Line="0"/> which as far as I can gather assigned loopback1 to the feedback of all universes, although nothing appeared in the Inputs/Outputs tab of QLC+. Didn't affect running until I actually wanted to use the loopback plugin. Assigning then unassigning a loopback to each universe feedback deleted the entries from the qxw file & stopped the crashing. Have no idea how the offending entries got there, unless it had something to do with creating many of the scenes using the "Dump DMX values to a function".
Now I can get on with finishing the programming.
mcallegari

Centauri wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:43 am Ok, eventually found the issue by examining the qxw file as xml with Google Chrome.
Or could have searched the forums and found this: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=11761
I really need to release a patched version cause this is getting reported too many times.