Pages for invidual lamps

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
ZeuS

Hi There!

I am working in Movies. So i have to do everything in live.I dont have wings just a strong laptop and enttec art net nodes and i using qlc+ 4.11.1 on Windows 10.
I trying to set up a console what can handle every situation.
I have to control 50+ light simultaniously.
My problem is one of the big portion from this are arri skypanels in mode16.
So i did a frame in VC to control all the skypanels master intensity and all the gel related faders.
and i started to set up invidual pages for indvidual lamps with all the other channel faders in case if i have to control them seperately.
so i create 30 page with 17 slider each. And assign every lamp channel for every fader. and again and again and again and again... its boring and takes ages.
Am i missing something and there is an easy way to do it or just thats the way it is?

Is there a way to set up a page and multiply it with different lamps?
I mean page one where i set up skypanel 1 faders
i would like to copy that to page 2 to control skypanel 2 without set again all the fader trough widget properties click by click and go on.

Another thing.
I tried to write a script to set a fixture's channel to a predefined fader value.
for exapmle: setfixture:39 ch:0 val:255 // Skypanel S60-C FW3 #01, Master Intensity
and assing to a button in VC. When i push the button it jumps to 255 and back to 0 so it works like a flash but its a toggle on/off button mode. I would like to set a level what is stay there not just flash it.

I hope someone can help
Thank you
siegmund

Hey, welcome to the forum!
ZeuS wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:18 pm Is there a way to set up a page and multiply it with different lamps?
I mean page one where i set up skypanel 1 faders
i would like to copy that to page 2 to control skypanel 2 without set again all the fader trough widget properties click by click and go on.
I don't know about a way implemented (I guess you already found the function to copy the first page to all the others which at least gives you all the necessary sliders). You could try manipulating the qxw-File directly, it is a simple XML structured file. Since I didn't do it in your particular use case I can't provide further help. But mind that important advice: Make a backup of your original file beforehand! You can really destroy all your work by editing the file.
ZeuS wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:18 pm and assing to a button in VC. When i push the button it jumps to 255 and back to 0 so it works like a flash but its a toggle on/off button mode. I would like to set a level what is stay there not just flash it.
This is due to the HTP behavior. You could either set the channel to LTP mode or use the loopback plugin: Let the script act on a loopback channel, which controls (=is set as external input for) a slider in the virtual console. This slider controls the channel you want to set to 255.
ZeuS

Thank you very much you saved a lot of time for me
i edited the qxw file with notepad++ search&change and achieved within 2 min :)
i owe you a beer
siegmund

I'm glad I could help (: