EFX Movement Circle Function doing a figure eight

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Joskoh

Hi all,

I am a total newbee here and this is my first post.

I have a 60W LED moving head unit that I have created a fixture definition for. When I go to the "Functions" section and try for example the "circle" movement, my unit does a figure 8 instead of a circle. All of the other movements also work incorrectly but the circle was is the easiest to describe what is actually going on.

If anyone has any idea what I'm doing wrong and can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
mcallegari

http://www.qlcplus.org/tutorials.html

See tutorial #7, especially the related PDF file
GGGss

a quicker solution ... (Sorry Massimo) -> your head may be having an inverted pan or tilt setting inside the fixture hardware settings.

Normally - when your head has initialised - try in simple view mode [and we are looking to the beam]
On the TILT channel, going from 0 to 127 tilts the head to approx the upright position (doing a "extreme-left-back" upright swing); IF POSITIONED ON THE FLOOR
Bring your head back to approx horizontal beam (somewhere in the 40-50ies values)
Going from 0-45 in PAN the head should rotate clockwise over more or less 90° (depending on bla bla bla 540° / 620° etc) now the beam should face left-corner and level
now ... when a channel is inverted on your head the 0 will be interpreted as 255 as if it was hanging on the ceiling [front is back / left is right]

I'd simply suggest checking those inverted-channel settings on the hardware (and possibly channel modifiers http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/channelproperties.html)

If you are around quite a while in rigging / designing / having light-putters / ... and all the practical jokes playing around - this is step 2 or 3 in checking the gear you work with: 'are they faced correctly' (and the light-putters know you won't climb up a tower of 8m and doing a 13m traverse over stage just to change an inverted hardware 'fault' and don't dare to instruct them to do so :mrgreen: ).
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mcallegari

The shape you see on the preview IS NOT the shape that will be projected on the floor !
It's the path of the Pan/Tilt axes of the moving head.
That's the point.

I'm gonna move this to "Usage questions" since there's no feature to implement here
Joskoh

Thank you all for the quick responses. I definitely have a lot to learn. I will not be able to get back to this until tomorrow but I will post back what I find. In the meantime I will be going through the tutorials.