Moving Head Pan but no Tilt in XY Panel

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
camgee

I am using a generic eyourlife moving head. Created the fixture and I think I have everything right in the fixture. It works fine using sliders to control both pan and tilt. However, when using the XY Panel only Pan is controlled. It shows that it's changing the tilt values on the XY Panel but the fixture doesn't move. To get around this for our last show, I did create sliders in virtual console so that I could control tilt independent of the XY Panel to set positions, but would really love to be able to use the XY Panel for control as intended and possibly try out a joystick. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
janosvitok

Please post your fixture definition (qxf) and workspace file (qxw).
GGGss

Or ... check the values in simple view with your EFX enabled ... you should see (check) the values adopt
and ... is you fixture capable of 16bit pan / tilt values? Then in your fixture file check and make sure that the lower tilt channel is MSB and the one higher to FSB (I remember somewhere that XY doesn't resolve the fine channel correctly) resulting in the XY only changing the fine channel ...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
camgee

I'm attaching the fixture file but I don't have the other one available here. I will upload it as soon as possible. I'll also check those values but not entirely sure I understand them completely.
Attachments
Eyeyourlife-Moving-Head-7x10w-RGBW.qxf
(3.46 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
GGGss

Nailed it -> your first PAN channel was set the LSB <- this is wrong.
Cap_ 2018-01-31 10.33-226.png
Cap_ 2018-01-31 10.33-226.png (9.65 KiB) Viewed 503 times
See corrected fixture definition in annex.
Attachments
Eyeyourlife-Moving-Head-7x10w-RGBW.qxf
(3.46 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
camgee

I double and triple checked and the settings are correct in fixture editor and the issue remains. Attached is the other file requested and I've reattached the fixture definition as well.\

Thanks
Attachments
Eyourlife-Generic-Moving-Head.qxf
(3.69 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
A Warren Arts Lights - 1-23-18.qxw
(120.47 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
GGGss

I tried it again with your generic definition ...
I cannot see problems with it.

new project - add fixture - go VC - put XY - bind XY-pad to fixture - go play with X and Y - check in simple values -> DMX is sent...

unless you have tampered with max and min values?
Cap_ 2018-02-05 11.33-228.png
camgee

I found a fix that works but not completely ideal. If I set all the pan/tilt channels to coarse and none to fine it works.