Submaster at 0

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
clava

Hey everyone!

I'm kinda new to the forums here and started playing around with qlc+ only this summer. The last two weeks I've basically spent studying the program, trying out as many things as possible and reading tutorials etc. In about a month I'll be doing some light-painting-combination for a party.
The idea is to use audio triggers and solo frames with submasters. Everything seems to be working according to plan, except for one thing; whenever i turn the submaster to 0, the active chaser/scene goes to 100%. Basically turning the submaster off turns whatever it's controlling on. I've been trying to find a setting without success, google and docs etc. Can anyone help me out a bit here?

Oh yes, using the latest version of qlc+ on windows 8.

Thanks! /Clava
siegmund

Hey,

it would help if you share the workspace file (amongst any custom fixture definitions) and the steps to reproduce.
clava

Sure! Made one just for this, not sure it will help though. Basically, if you run the sequence and move the submaster you'll notice how the value "000" produces the same result as "255". Or atleast that's what it does for me.
I would guess there's a setting I've missed somewhere, just can't figure out what it is. Or it's supposed to do that for a reason which I don't know.
Thanks for helping out!
siegmund

You most probably forgot to attach the file, I guess...
clava

Bah! I did! Here it is
Attachments
Red.qxw
(4.32 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
GGGss

It will help if you put the slider in submaster-mode.

Now it is set to trigger new scene 2.
(And while at it - check your timings ... in - hold - out ... like it is now you only get a slight flicker on the red channel and nothing more)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
clava

Ah, it was in submaster mode, that's when the problem occurs. I messed around a bit with it after i thought i posted the file. Here it is again set to submaster mode.

About the flickering.. As it is now it works as a pulse when the submaster is at 255 (or 000), but when i change it to a lower value it does some strange flickering instead of a lower intensity pulse.
Attachments
Red.qxw
(4.33 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
siegmund

clava wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:38 pm Sure! Made one just for this, not sure it will help though. Basically, if you run the sequence and move the submaster you'll notice how the value "000" produces the same result as "255". Or atleast that's what it does for me.
I'm sorry but I'm not able to see this behavior (Xubuntu 14.04 64Bit Qt5, latest sources)
clava

Alright thanks, guess I'll try reinstalling first off. Guess it could be some setting somewhere affecting it, or it's just a bug in my system. Thanks for letting me know though!
clava

Found a "fix".. kinda. It seems the submaster is affected by the settings under Level Mode. Setting the low value to 1 in Level Mode and then switching back to Submaster Mode fixed the problem (as long as my lights don't react to such low values).
Also noticed it only occurs when the widgets are in a frame, a submaster in the main window works as it should.
gimzo

I have the same problem, submaster in a frame controlling a few scenes. When the scene is on, and I turn the submaster to 0, it goes to 0, but if I turn on the scene while submaster is at 0 it starts at full intensity.
Setting limit to 1 is not a solution for me because my lights are visible at 1.
ArchLinux x64, QLC 4.11.1 built from AUR, but I think it happened in 4.10 also.
Simple example attached.
Attachments
sshot.png
submaster_test.qxw
(5.79 KiB) Downloaded 24 times