Audio Input shows level in QLC - widget not responding to audio

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
MDSurveyor

Hello!

I am new to the forum and have looked at many of the threads regarding Audio input. I have not seen anything like the issue that I am having. This may belong in the Linux section, depending on the resolution to the issue.

I love the program!

What I am trying to accomplish is to set the duration (tap time tempo) of the widget based on an audio signal from a snare drum.

I have the audio signal plugged into the microphone input on the laptop. I have been to the Inputs/Outputs page and on the Audio tab have selected the Audio device. At the bottom of that tab pressing the "play" icon displays incoming audio level at about 85% (should be sufficient). When I go to the Virtual Console page and add the Audio Widget (by clicking on the microphone) no level is displayed in either construction or playback mode. I do not understand what I am missing.

I saw a video on youtube where the widget displayed a fader on the right side and the person in the video was using it to adjust the level. As the fader was raised, the various areas of the audio spectrum increased. My widget has no fader. Currently I am using a MIDI trigger to set the tempo but I would like to free up my feet some and just have it set by the drummer.

Project set-up:
Universe 1 contains all lights and is receiving a MIDI input from a foot controller to trigger widgets
Universe 2 is a "dummy" universe set to "passthrough" with the OSC (Local network) being the input so I can use iPad control.

System:
Lenovo T61, 8GB Ram
HDA Intel - AD1984 audio device
QLC Light Controller Plus 4.10.5b
NVIDIA G86M (Quadro NVS 140M)
siegmund

You need to enable the widget by clicking the icon in the top left corner of it.
MDSurveyor

Thank you Siegmund! The widget is now responding to the audio input.

Thanks to your response, I have been successful in having it trigger a button with a light scene assigned. However, I have been unsuccessful in getting the audio widget to trigger the tap on the duration widget.

Also, I now have a new question about the enabling of the audio widget. Can I 'click the icon' to enable the widget by the use of a MIDI signal?

Joel
MDSurveyor

Nevermind about the MIDI trigger - I found it. I am still unsuccessful in getting the audio widget to control the tap duration button.
siegmund

Have a look at the attached workspace. You just need to set the widget and thresholds correctly.
Attachments
audio+tap.qxw
(2.03 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
MDSurveyor

Thanks Siegmund!

I see what I missed in the documentation - for the 'tap' to work the signal needs to drop below the disable threshold before the widget will register a second 'tap'. Hope this helps somebody else too!

From the manual "For Speed dials and Cue Lists, the tap/button press happens when the volume goes above the Enable threshold, and won't happen again until the volume falls below the Disable threshold. This probably means you will have to set the thresholds a little closer to each other than for buttons."

Now I can't wait for another gig! No more hitting a footswitch to set the chase tempo's!