MIDI from Pro Tools not working 100%

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
JediRich

Hello, I'm new to QLC. I was previously using FreeStylerX2, which did exactly what I needed, except that it crashed too frequently for practical use.

My setup is simple. I have a pro tools MIDI Track controlling my DMX lighting with a CC number assigned to each DMX channel in my lighting rig. Right now I'm only using one fixture, which is a simple 4 channel fixture with Strobe + RGB.
  • I created a custom fixture with no problems
    I set up the virtual console and was able to get control over my fixture
    I set up my MIDI interface on a separate Universe
    I successfully mapped each slider in my Virtual Console to receive MIDI control from the appropriate CC numbers.
    The MIDI from Pro Tools is indeed moving the Virtual Sliders and in turn controlling my fixture
Except that it can't seem to handle multiple messages at once. My fades cause the lights to flicker, and sometimes colors don't work at all.

For example, I have a section where Red, Green & Blue are on at the same time, but then I fade out Red and Green to leave just the Blue on.

In Freestyler, this is a piece of cake. In QLC, the Red and Green fade out but the blue also fades out, even though my blue CC value remains unchanged.

This is really peculiar. I feel like it should work, but something is causing an information bottleneck, and QLC can't seem to handle receiving more than one MIDI command at a time. Is this the case, or is there a setting I missed?

Thanks!
-Richie