Relative EFX, how do you use them ?

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
mcallegari

Hi, this time I'm gonna be the one asking a question to you.
While developing the QLC+ 5 EFX editor, I thought about the meaning of X/Y offsets when "relative" is enabled.

Do you usually leave them to 127/127 or do you have the need to change them ?
If so, what is the usage case of having specific X/Y offsets in relative mode ?

My idea, to simplify things, is to disable those 2 values when relative is checked.
janosvitok

I keep mine at 127/127.
GGGss

If you want to effectuate a fan-efx then applying offset (or limits) per fixture is the easiest way of doing that.

Say you have 6 heads hanging at the backdrop symmetrical position in width 1 - 2- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Say you want to make a horizontal cross sweep over the stage.
1 will need an X offset (or limit) of 0 to 60
2: 0 to 40
3 and 4: -30 to 30
5: -40 to 0
6: -60 to 0

start the efx with a fade-in set to the same speed of the efx itself and you get a wonderful fanning / sweeping effect on stage.
(if you'd apply -on top of that- an sine on the Y-axes limiting or offsetting per fixture you'd end up with a 3D fanning / sweeping effect)

my 2 cts
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mcallegari

@GGGss I think you didn't get my question

I'm talking about X/Y offsets in the Movement tab. Not the -per fixture- start degrees.
When the "relative" checkbox is checked, I don't see a need to customize the offsets, unless someone come up with a specific usage case that requires it.
GGGss

SRY asking : and where do you see relative properties in current version -as an option- ?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mcallegari

GGGss wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:46 pm SRY asking : and where do you see relative properties in current version -as an option- ?
http://www.qlcplus.org/downloads/QLC+_p ... nd_EFX.pdf

See 4.2
Red circle around it
GGGss

Stupid me - was looking at the XY-pad

and no - in relative mode you don't need the offset - you easily can change the base-position on which the relative part is added on to.

Sorry for your time I've taken