USB-DMX-Input with VirtualConsole

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
diesessash

Hi guys,
I want to connect some physical Sliders from a Showtec Easy16 to Sliders in my VirtualConsole.
How can i do this?
I have a Enttec DMX USB PRO. In Inputs/Outputs i choose the Input of my Interface. I double click the fader in the VC i wanna connect, choose DMXUSBPRO Input, entered channel 1. I took channel 1 on the showtec to 255. Nothing happend. What am i doing wrong?
I hope somebody can help me
GGGss

Do you see the 'joystick' wiggling when choosing the input universe, when you press or move the sliders on your wing?
yes - you have valid input coming in
no - there might be something wrong with your DMX interface -> use the configurator (DMX PRO configurator) to check if the channel is set to input and to see if DMX signals are coming in.
note: you cannot use the same channel as input and output ... 1 as input / 2 as output should work.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
diesessash

thank u 4 the quick anwer. But i can't see any joystick there. In the Pro Manager i can see the DMX Signals coming in.
GGGss

I'm guessing you are experiencing a driver problem.
Seen that - done that ... the (windows) driver isn't compatible (you need the real driver from Enttec and you won't be able to install it ... you will have to tweak the driver-file just a little bit so GUID of the chip corresponds with the one in the driver)
Check the .inf-file

warning though: you cannot run the PROmanager together with QLC+
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
diesessash

I don't think, its a driver problem. Im working on Mac :).
The DMX Output is also working fine.
diesessash

Now i also tried the DMX-Input on Windows. Everything works fine! The ProManager on Mac shows also DMX Signal. But its not working in QLC.
What am i doing wrong??
GGGss

In previous cases I had to force input 1 as an input in DMX manager PRO. Then it worked with QLC+ on PC...
But since I'm not a Mac-user :oops: