Need help pleas - virtual console - kill button

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
machumara

I am a beginner in qlc+ and so far very happy. But I have an issue – maybe I got it wrong:
Is it possible in "virtual console" to set a button to play a scene and
release all the rest of values?
In my project I have set a few faders and buttons to control the colors and dim, but I want to be able to hit some button that show me a scene without all the last values I set before I hit it..
Hope the question is understandable (and sorry for the bad English :-)
Last edited by machumara on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
siegmund

Maybe you should have a look at the solo frame widget, this could do what you want.
machumara

Tnx for the reply

I will try to explain my specific situation
I added four fixtures to my project (led par 64).
in "virtual consul" I added four faders in level mode to control the dimer of each fixture.
Then I composed a scene with different dimer values for each fixture (ex: f1 – 20%, f2 – 100%, f3 – 10%, f4 – 80%) and added it to a button. (the button in solo frame)
Now, when I am in operate mode i want to be able to operate the dimerד of the fixtures with the four faders I added, and by clicking the scene button – to jump directly to the scene I added while it kill all the values I added before with the faders.

Right now, if for example I set fixture1 to 100% dim with the fader - when I click on the scene button, fixture1 stay at 100% and not going to 20% as I programed in the scene.
I'm not sure I explain my need correctly and my English is bad so I attach a sample video

https://youtu.be/x6VxmW_u9mc
siegmund

You could try setting the channels to LTP mode like I did in the attached workspace. Depending on your setup, this might have some (unwanted) implications..
machumara

OK.
It works, but partially ..

I turned the four fixtures into LTP mode (rgb and dimer) and the scene button is killing all the values – That's what I wanted… however, the buttons and the faders are Acting strangely..

The buttons play the scenes, but not getting off after release them … For example – I have 4 flash buttons with scenes set on full dimer, but the flash don’t work.. the light stay on full dim after clicking the flash. Same issue with the scene in solo button. It working on good, but not getting off…

A few more weird things:
- Faders set on playback mode- not acting like a fader – it getting to the highest value immediately and not getting down.
- Faders set on level mode - acting weird if I move them wile scene is on

I don’t know if all this things are bugs Or I'm missing something…

I'm really curious .. My need is extraordinary? I was sure that this is a basic function in lighting operation (I'm really a beginner in the field ... but I saw in other programs that there is a function called "Release all the buttons").

Attach a video that shows the problems:
https://youtu.be/c4__VcAJPT8

Again, thanks for the help, sorry for the bad English and thanks to Google Translation :-)
I hope it has a solution, I really want to continue with this software :?
siegmund

machumara wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:54 am The buttons play the scenes, but not getting off after release them … For example – I have 4 flash buttons with scenes set on full dimer, but the flash don’t work.. the light stay on full dim after clicking the flash. Same issue with the scene in solo button. It working on good, but not getting off…

A few more weird things:
- Faders set on playback mode- not acting like a fader – it getting to the highest value immediately and not getting down.
- Faders set on level mode - acting weird if I move them wile scene is on

I don’t know if all this things are bugs Or I'm missing something…
That is exactly what I meant with:
siegmund wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:23 am Depending on your setup, this might have some (unwanted) implications..
machumara wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:54 am I'm really curious .. My need is extraordinary? I was sure that this is a basic function in lighting operation (I'm really a beginner in the field ... but I saw in other programs that there is a function called "Release all the buttons").
You could use the "Stop all functions" option for buttons. If you still want to use only one button for stopping all functions and activating a new scene, you can use the loopback plugin to activate multiple buttons with one button (there are plenty of instructions in the forum, if you can't get it to work, ask again).
GGGss

And what if you
* set intensity channel to LTP and make sure that your Cue's ALWAYS have intensity info in them (also the channels you want to 'reset' explicitly set to 0) -> flash-button behaviour solution
* use the 'stop all functions' feature of a button (Never used before)

But hey ... before getting to technical with feedbakcs LTP's etc... maybe your idea how to use QLC+ does not correspond with the phylosophy behind QLC+ so, you are invited to explain what you want to achieve / to program.
I'm (and others here) are surely willingly to help you.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore