Equivalent to an "Inhibit sub"?

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
EricE

Equivalent to an "Inhibit sub"?

Post by EricE » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:00 pm

We are experimenting with replacing our ETC Expression 24/48 with QLC+

A very useful feature we have is a submaster that is programmed as an "inhibit sub". Normally it's at 100%, but as you pull it down, it overrides and pulls down all the channels associated with this.

Why not use a grand master and just pull it down? There are some lights we need to leave up - pathway lighting, background stage lighting so the room doesn't go completely dark, etc.

So another way to think of this is a selective grandmaster or a partial grandmaster or a grandmaster where I can exclude certain fixtures.

Is there any equivalent in QLC+? I've tried experimenting with a bunch of different things but so far I'm not finding the equivalent. The closest I have come is setting up a group in the simple console but that has some issues of it's own, and I don't think I can assign something in the simple console to a physical fader - such as a fader on the BCF2000?

Hopefully I'm overlooking something simple, or there is a non-simple way to do it but I just haven't stumbled on it yet.

Thanks in advance! 8-)

GGGss

Re: Equivalent to an "Inhibit sub"?

Post by GGGss » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:13 pm

Did you try a slider in submaster-mode in a frame? All functions inside that frame will be influenced by this submaster...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escape from machines... they don't work anymore

DESIGNFactory

Post by DESIGNFactory » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:45 pm

maybe make a LEVEL slider and check the dimmer values of the fixtures u want to ...
...that's what i do at least, when i wanna turn off certain groups of fixtures no matter what is playing at the time :)
(note: all your matrices, efx, scenes etc must have the "dimmer control" UNCHECKED for this to work)

EricE

Post by EricE » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:40 pm

Thanks for the tips! With the holidays and the program crashing if I try to use my one set of faders I haven’t been messing with QLC+ much, but I’m gettting ready to jump back in so I will definitely try both suggestions and report back the results.

Thanks again!