Control lights in groups

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Sam

Is it possible to control a group of fixtures in the Virtual Console by pressing a button which then selects those lights and allows you to control via sliders etc? I want to have say 4 or 5 groups but I dont want to have to have duplicte controls for each set of lights, can I simply just press a button to control that set of lights with one set of controls?

This guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7Arrx7XrRs seems to do it if you look at his stage lights section, but cant figure out how he did it.

Thanks
Silicon_Knight

I'm not aware to have the type of live light selection in a group and then manipulate them (of course, the Simple Console allows this to be done for individual channels). However, you can pre-define Channel Groups in the Fixture tab, and then build scenes in Functions and/or controls in VC. However, this would still require a separate scene/fader/button for each channel group.

There might be a method to change the button assignment to selected channel group/function via scripting (or some creative use of loopback universes), but it's not obvious to me.

BTW, I looked at the video and didn't see anywhere where he was doing more than I've described above. At which point do you think he is live-selecting groups of fixtures for manipulation? In the Stage Lights section, he seems to have 3 sets of button. The top set likely controls some scenes (or collections?) that also contain the lights/scenes that are assigned to the bottom two rows. However, this still requires a pre-assigned light/function to the buttons, and I'm not sure that achieves what you're trying to do.