Chaser fade-in with a button? [Was. Cue fade-in with a button?]

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
mitscherdinger

Thanks for showing interest and taking the time.
It - kind of - works as long as the fade-in time of the scene doesn't exceed the time of the chaser. That's the behavior I always experienced and I doesn't seem to find a clue for.
If you need a faster flickering - and that's what you usually need when using the example fireplace - you're lost.

In the logic of QLC+ and using my attached example, I'd expect that the chaser would be faded in in 1s to full brightness. But it doesn't reach that, because the fade in time of the chaser is overridden by the "cue" (which of course is nothing else than another chaser).

Technically, it would be necessary to introduce another layer of time if a chaser is used in a chaser. This would solve the problem and would open a bunch of possibilities: Imagine a cue (with - of course - fade in and fade out time) where you have multiple places of flickering lights that alternately go up and down in brightness. I know, this is not a task for everyday usage, but sometimes you need such weird things (in theaters) and I know professional grade lighting desks can realize this...
[Edit: Typos]
Attachments
chasers-in-chasers-fast.qxw
(7.8 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
mitscherdinger

I haven't dived into the "loopback-technology" QLC+ lately introduced... Could this be a solution? If yes: How?