Show Editor Moving Head Lights

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
ryanmish

Hello Everyone!

I've been using QLC+ on my Macbook Pro and so far it has been the best lighting software I could find - paid or free. The Show Editor feature looks awesome and I'm trying to create a show timed to music with it, but I am having a hard time understanding and learning how to control Moving Head fixtures with it - everything else about the software is awesome, but the thing that really got me excited was the show editor and web control :D
GGGss

Using moving heads with QLC+ is not that difficult.
You will have to split your workload in 3 topics:
  • what I call Statics
    This involves setting your basics into cue's - positions, colors, gobos, ..., focus / zoom, everything you plan on using later
  • the dynamics
    combining statics into running chasers or collections. f.i. 100%, red, front, dot gobo, static prisma
  • the EFX (possibility to busking)
    I'm reading you want to program light vs audio - so maybe this won't apply to you. This step involves preparing your 'wing' (or VC) so you can interact with what is prepared before. Activating chasers and collections, adding EFX into that, changing speeds etc etc
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
ryanmish

Wow thank you for the quick reply! It helped me a lot and I've been programming for hours... I'll post a link to the show on Youtube when I'm finished! :)