I have some custom boards that I designed that are running ArtNet protocol over WiFi. The provide 4 outputs each for driving strands of Christmas lights. I programmed these so that each output only occupies 1 byte each. So address 1 controls the first strand, 2 the second, and so on. The values are 0=off,1=on solid, 2=fast flash, 3=slow flash, 4=twinkle.
I created custom fixture for these in the fixture editor and just set them up as shutters with 4 channels. Channel 1 is on/off with a range of 0-1. Channel 2 is Fast Flash with a range of 2-2. Channel 3 is Slow Flash with a range of 3-3, and Channel 4 is Twinkle with a range of 4-4.
Once the fixture was defined I added some 4 fixtures to represent 4 strands of Christmas lights. Using the simple desk tab I was able to confirm that each fixture (light strand) operates as desired based on the value selected 0=off,1=on, 2=fast flash, 3= slow flash, and 4= twinkle.
With everything working I started adding scenes under functions for all the combinations of things I wanted in the shows - example being "All solid".
With the functions defined I wanted to start designing a show. I added a new track, added an audio track, and then added my scene "All solid". I can play and watch it sequence on the screen. The audio plays but as it sequences through scenes they are not working - no output to the lights. I can go back to simple desk and they work, back to show and nothing.
I'm not sure what I could be missing.
Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
1 post • Page 1 of 1