Midi Clock Feedback to APC Mini LED

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
bluescreen25

Hello,
I receive midi clock signal over rtp-midi.
Now i want to feedback it to APC Mini Button LED.

Possible?

Regards
bluescreen25

i tried out something in an little project. Strange to understand what there happens.
My thought was to set one button in vc to one dummy scene with external input from APC button and also feedback to its LED.
Then i used another vc button with same scene with input of rtp-midi channel 531 (beat from virtual DJ).
Both vc buttons will pulse in beat but no LED feedback on APC. If i push APC-button, LED feedback works.

Then i turned vc buttons to flash buttons, no beat on vc buttons also no LED on APC.

Then i put an audio widget on workspace, function to same scene, audio input of mic.
With flash buttons on vc and enabled audio widget i see both buttons in beat but no LED feedback on APC.

With normal buttons on vc and enabled audio widget i see both buttons in beat and LED feedback on APC works.
Also tapping on mic works if rtp-midi beat is paused.
Disabled audio widget will turn off LED feedback.

Very strange.... :(

here you find a video of test: https://youtu.be/lPErOAOk-FU

I use latest release on Windows 10.
Attachments
bpmtest.qxw
(4.69 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
siegmund

This behavior is intended by the developers.
The difference is the widget that has control: When a button becomes activated by external input (or clicking) it's frame turns red. When a button becomes active because there is another button which becomes activated by an external input (or clicking) and both share the same scene, then the frame of the "passive" button turns orange. This is somehow just a monitoring feature.
As I stated in the discussion here I don't like that behavior (it's not consistent to the one before the monitoring thing) but stayed quiet because this seemed okay for everybody.
With your post I see there are others having this issue, too.

So hoping Massimo is reading this I'll state again why I think the old behavior should remain (a button with an orange frame should send feedback).
  • It is consistent to the old behavior - buttons that where monitoring (all had a green frame back then) sent feedback to external controls.
  • On an external control with a one-color-LED one cannot distinguish between green and red. If this leads to not sending any feedback the user will be very suprised if he hits the external control assigned to a button which has an orange border, since nothing but activation of the feedback LED will happen - there will be never a Scene activation (or something like that) which the user most probably wanted by his press.
If you decide to change the behavior I can provide the patches - working with them in production is good so far. Anyway I'm open for discussion (:

Regards,
siegmund
bluescreen25

I am looking for a solution that give me the possibilty to have such like this:

- APC button 1 blinking green in midi-beat if incoming
- APC button 1 blinking orange in midi-beat if activated on it to use with midi-beat over speed dial widget
- APC button 2 blinking green in speed dial beat
- APC button 2 blinking orange in speed dial beat activated on it to use the tapped or last incoming beat with speed dial widget
- APC button 3 blinking green in audio-beat incoming
- APC button 3 blinking orange in audio-beat if activated on it to use with audio-beat over speed dial widget

- only button 1 or 2 or 3 can be active.
- speed dial widget has the possibilty to be active, so last beat almost trigger show and also can switched to be deactivated, if no beat, so show stops or pause and/or fade out.

Possible?

Regards Ralf