Basic Slider Strobe value VC vs. APC20

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
PK44

Hi everyone, first post... very limited experience but learning and spending a lot of time reading around these boards. Few basic questions I have.... using a Enttec USB Pro MKII with APC20

Issue 1)

I set up a scene, created a button in the VC and assigned a slider to control the fixture's strobe effect. When I control this slider within the VC, it behaves exactly as it should. When I control it from the slider mapped on the APC20, the values that normally trigger the frequency of the strobe do not match the values using mouse within the VC.

ie.

fixture has 3 ranges for strobe.

000-002 no strobe
003-249 - Strobe (Slow to fast)
250-255 - Sound active

when using my mouse within the VC controlling at a value of 249, strobe is doing what it should. The minute I use the slider within the APC20 and set it to 249 it blacks out. Only when I back it up to around 242 does it match the full strobe value of 242. What gives? What am I missing?

Issue 2)

I too have the same issue listed in the following thread discussing the APC20 and LED Feedback. I need to fiddle with the input/output settings each time to get this working (thanks to everyone's suggestions in this thread). Is there a fix for this at this point?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8341&start=80#p36910
GGGss

You can limit the slider's min /max values so when connected to midi 0-255 equals 3-249 in your example... Right?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
PK44

Yes, I can set the range to any within the 0-255 but it will not perform the same way the slider does in the Virtual Console controlled by the computer mouse. It makes no sense because the APC20 has no issues adjusting the slider's values. It just does something different than controlling by mouse.